I've a problem

Discussion in 'Judo' started by MartinBlackbelt, May 30, 2004.

1. MartinBlackbelt

MartinBlackbelt New Member

Hi
    I've a little problem. You see, there is this big guy, who i have to fight against every tournament. He is more in weight, nearly 40kg, more in height and got more power. He got a very powerful Harai - goshi and Morote - gari.

Can you tell me a strategy or/and some good throws against this guy.

2. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

if you have a good sprawl, you can stop him from getting a morote gari. second, since he outweighs you, clinching would be your last option. work on your shoots and try going to the ground and use your top game

3. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

Leg Grabs always seem to work for me against the big guys especially if they like take a high grip on you or going over your shoulder.
    Some people don't like the leg grabs or pick ups, but i think there a great leveller.

K

4. MartinBlackbelt

Thanks to both of you.

TheMachine that is a very good idea, but he is also very good in groundwork.
    Captain Coward, i like you're idea, but i can't lift him and he is also very fast, so most leg grabs don't work.

But all in all i will try to follow your advices.

5. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

Yup, you don't have to be able to lift him, all you need to be able to do is lift his leg which i reckon you could do. Once its off the ground all his weight is on just one of his legs, and if he is as heavy and tall as you say means he will go down like a sack of beautiful flowers if you can just take that remaining leg.

Give it a shot

K

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2004
  6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

How's about going on a diet and moving yourself to a lower weight category. :)

7. MartinBlackbelt

Now I got your idea, Capt. Coward. I will try this.
    Johnny, you would be right, but we fight in open weight categories, sorted by your level. So just take a diet wouldn't be of use.