Its Time for the 2009 MAP Awards!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anth, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Here we go, the start of the biggest event in MAPs year - the MAP Awards!

For those who aren't in the know or are wondering what those gold and silver "MAP Awards" badges are all about, the MAP Awards are our way of celebrating the best of MAP and the people that make the site one of the best on the 'net (though I would say that). This year we have changed the awards slightly in that a lot of the categories were chosen by MAPers. That means that this year we have MAP Awards up for grabs for the following:

• Best Newbie
    • Greatest "Rise from the Rubble"
    • Most Obvious Poster
    • Best Troll
    • Most Thought Provoking Post/Thread
    • Best Signature
    • Best Avatar
    • Best Username
    • Best Journal
    • Most Argumentative MAPer
    • "Doesn't Have a Home"
    • Funniest Post
    • Most Informative Thread
    • Most Helpful MAPer
    • Best Single Post
    • Arcade King/Queen
    • Leader of the Arcade Leaderboard
    • Most Thanks (Post)
    • Most Thanks (Member)
    • Best MAPer
    • Best Moderator

Of the above, the Arcade and Most Thanks awards are awarded on the standings at the end of the MAP Awards. All of the rest are on your nominations and votes. As a change from last year, all MAP staff (ie Topic Mods, Global Mods and Admins) are eligible for all awards and banned members are eligible for Best Troll only.

Rather than having a week for nominations and a week for voting, [highlight]nominations for all awards are open from now until 5pm (GMT) on December 11th[/highlight] then you will have another 11 days to vote (until December 22nd) with the big results announcement being on Christmas Eve.

All that remains to be said is head on over to the Awards Forum to nominate and Good Luck!

The MAP Team :star:

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Voting is now OPEN in the Awards forum. Due to no nominations in the "Most Obvious Poster" category and only one in the "Most Thought Provoking Thread/Post" category we don't have a poll for them but all others are now open :)

As always the results are hidden until the final result announcement on Christmas Eve and I'll be watching the GMs in case they try fixing the result ;) :p

Polls are open until [highlight]5pm (GMT) on December 22nd[/highlight] (unless I forget like I nearly did today!).

Good luck to all nominated!

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Just to remind you all, voting closes at [highlight]5pm (GMT) on Tuesday[/highlight]. A lot of the categories are quite close with a few three-way ties (including in Best Mod).

Should there be a tie for first or second place when the polls close then unfortunately the deciding vote goes to me as I don't vote (just in case).

Remember about the other awards that don't get voted on too - the Arcade awards and Most Thanks are still up for grabs until 5pm on Tuesday. In the case of the Thanks awards, 5pm is when I'll be checking the database to see who wins and who gets 2nd.

If you haven't voted, get to it!

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Only a couple more hours or so to go folks!

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Well the voting is now finished and has been since around 5:15 yesterday and any ties have been broken. Results are out at [highlight]5pm GMT tomorrow[/highlight].

Suppose that means I should get the badges and usergroups ready :bang:

6. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Good work Anth ..

Smurf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.