It's been a long time - In more ways than one

Discussion in 'Karate' started by chrispy, Nov 17, 2010.

1. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

Hey everybody!

It's been a long time since I posted last on here.

I hope you all have been well, and I look forward to catching up with what has been going on.

What's new with me? Last time I posted I was a brown belt. This past Saturday, after spending about 8 months at the gym, losing 80 pounds, and devoting every spare minute I had to either time at karate or time at the gym, I graded to black belt along with another student at our club.

It has been 7.25 years well spent and I'm really looking forward to the new beginning that this belt brings.

I searched though my computer and found a bunch of photos from all along the way from white to black (thought the earliest picture I could find I had a yellow belt). If you care to have a gander they are at the bottom of this page.

2. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Congrats on making black. :)

3. chrispy

chrispy The Hunter

Thanks Blade! I saw you've been doing your art for just over a year, that's fantastic, keep at it! I really enjoy working with the newer students at our club and seeing the great time they have learning everything and experiencing things for the first time.

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Welcome back, Chris, and congrats on the shodan :)

5. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Yeah, just over a year. and lovin it =]

and you're welcome. :)

6. jh1

jh1 Valued Member

Congrats, now its time to feel like a white belt all over again.

7. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

CONGRATS - keep up the good work :)

All the best.

Robert.

8. miriamgoldman

miriamgoldman Valued Member

Congrats! Shodan is always quite the achievement, kudos to you for sticking with it (I know a lot of people, not just in my dojo, who don't stick it through to even test, successfully or not, for black).

9. 23197

23197 Valued Member

Hello and welcome to the ranks.
    I know what you mean re: the new beginning. Now it's time to learn. Kudos.