It's a small world after all....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by abby, Feb 24, 2004.

1. abby

abby New Member

I just found this interesting....

I met my TKD instructor's mom on Saturday. We got to talking and she asked where my hometown was, when I told her, she realized it wasn't far from hers (about 15 miles). After talking a bit more, she knows my parents. And was good friends with my grandma's third husband's daughter (from his previous marriage) when they were younger! Small small world...

2. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

that is unusual for sure!

about 6 months after I began posting here, I discovered that there was another member from the same state that I live in (Nebraska, in the USA). It's a big place and there are more than one of us from here on MAP. However this was even more unusual becasue it is closer than that, he actually lives about 200 meters from my front door to his. And we had to join a forum 10,000 miles away to meet.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I've got that damned tune from Disney's "It's a small world" going though my head now....

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

4. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Another small world story -- couple of years ago, I started talking to one of the other flutists in my band. We were talking about where we used to live (we had both come from other states), and it turns out that we used to live across the street from each other! What are the odds of that happening? :D

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

6. tkdgirl01

tkdgirl01 Silly no more!

I feel for you- I refuse to let it get stuck in my head, though! :p Last time I was on the ride, I could sing it in 3 languages (none of which I ever learned), and the song wouldn't leave me for a month!!!

Sorry, I have no "small world" stories.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Hey Yoda, I'll pay $5 to the forum if you can find a badger singing that song for everyone!!!

8. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

A few years back, I met this person from a province. Later, I discovered that we were cousins! A few more conversations, and I found out that a girl I used to date with and make out with was a cousin of mine too!

...this world is way too small for my own damn good :(