ITF Logo Use

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by StuartA, Mar 3, 2009.

1. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

As the other thread has now been closed, I thought it appropriate to make this one regarding use of the ITF logo. This comes direct from a spokesperson of the ITF-C speaking on behalf of GM Choi, JH, regarding both copyright and use of the ITF logo and the views from himself and his father:

So, I think the 'who can, who can't' use the ITF logo discussion has been laid to rest by General Choi's own son!

Stuart

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Yes & I would add that even when the ITF-V brought forth the lawsuit against the ITF-C in Canada, part of their arguement to invalidate the trademark registration was that they were used by anyone who wanted to use them for decades

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

4. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Great link Stu, thanks :cool:

By the way, anyone know which ITF the UKTA is affiliated with? :confused:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  6. paddy ska

paddy ska Valued Member

Superfoot,

The UKTA are with NK, though rumour has it........... GM Rhee cant stand the Prof.......... I'm not one to start rumours, it's just what I heard.

Also, my mates in the army and stationed down south, He's been training with the Tkdpower people and he says nowt but good things about them

7. MoonMoo7

MoonMoo7 Valued Member

Interesting rumour! Wonder what the rest of the ITF-NK groups in the UK would do if GM Rhee defected?
    Got to confess, as a member of one of these groups, I'm slightly uneasy about Prof Chang Ung's leadership and it certainly seems that GM Tran's group appears a lot more democratic.
    However, at the end of the day, don't really care which ITF group I'm as long as the instruction is good quality.

8. paddy ska

paddy ska Valued Member

MoonMoo7,
    This is a personal opinion, but I think if GMR had to oust the Prof or even break away from the NK itf then most of the UK, regardless of what ITF they're in would go with him. I think he was the man that could have kept ITF unified

Well, in saying that, I know a couple of high up heed yins that would avoid him like the plague!!!!!!

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Isn't Chang Un a basketball coach with no TKD experience? :confused:

10. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Mate, youre obviously on a different page to me. No way in the world Id have anything to do with the NKs.

You got to have at least some principles mate.

As for Rhee. My uncle could write a book. I heard all the old enecdotes :eek:. is there anyone he does like? :)

Rearange these words mate: Weekend, wet, face, like.

He aint goin anywhere soon mate ;) If he could he'd have bben gone long ago.

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Tezzer,

I remember GM Rhee Ki Ha tested me for my coloured belt gradings when I was a teenager in the UKTA. At my yellow belt test he said: "You could be very good," and it was weird getting a compliment from a 9th degree GM like that. His words kinda stuck with me ever since. Every time I met him he seemed like a genuinely nice man. I'm not sure what your uncle knows about GM Rhee Ki Ha, but it sounds like a different guy to the one I'm thinking of.

12. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

Boils down to INTEGRITY dont it mate. Why would you want to wear a badge when you aint a member. Aint really any need is there?

if anyone wants to show they got lineage all they got to do is wear the black trim on teer dobok jacket. Jsut like some of the ex ITF Koreans used to do in the past. Better still they could actually apply to join the ITF and pay their membership fees. Problem solved? :cool::)

Why is lineage so important anyway? Most of the Wtf Koreans got lineage to the ITF if you go back far enough. He Il Cho got ITF lineage. You dont see them making abig deal about it. Jhoon Rheen was ITF affiliate. When he left he stopped wearing the badge but kept the distincitve black trim.

Bythe way mate I told my uncle you were curious about him. Cant print his reply tho :ban::ban::ban:

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Thing is, all three (or four) ITFs claim to be the true version. In their own eyes, each has just as strong an argument to be the true "heir" as the next ITF that comes along. So everything you say about people being outside the ITF-C not paying due fees, lacking integrity for wearing ITF badges etc., can easily be applied to anyone in the ITF-C too.

14. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

oh yeah its common knowledge he's mellowed with age. :rolleyes:
    Ask around about the meeting in NK followng Gen Chois funeral/memorial service? Dont know the exact details: when delgates were herded into a room and orderd to vote (democratically elect :rolleyes:) Chang Un in as ITF President.

Only one guy had the guts to stand up and say: This aint on. A lone man in a closed room in NK questioning the election of a NK politicain? That man should have got a medal for bravery. Cant remeber who he was but he had more guts than the rest of the room put together.

Who was trhe guy who stood up and angrilly ordered him to get out of the room?

Uncle Alexander thats who hehe

Im sure Tkdstudent knows all about this. I forgot most of the details :evil:

Be nice to be reminded who that stand up guy was.

15. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm not sure how recent your (or your uncle's) knowledge/experience of GM Rhee is, but I'm talking almost ten years ago when I met him. I don't know how mellow he is now, but he certainly seemed to draw a hard line with anyone who wasn't up to standard back then.

I'm not sure I understand this statement. First you say you can't remember who he was, but then you say it was "Uncle Alexander". Is that the uncle you refer to in your previous posts? Could you elaborate a little, please?

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

But the theory is sound though, isn't it? You say anyone who isn't in the ITF or pay their financial dues to support the ITF, yet continues to wear the ITF logos, lacks integrity. But who is to say which is the real ITF? Each organisation has just as strong an argument to the official ITF lineage as the next, because at the end of the day it's really just popular opinion that determines which is the true one. You think it's ITF-C; someone in the ITF-V will think it's the ITF-V; someone in the ITF-NK will think it's the ITF-NK; people on here (MAP) think it's everyone who practises Chang Hon Taekwon-do, regardless of political affiliation.

18. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

:eek: Uncle Alex aint my Uncle. :mad: :evil:

Mate try and keep up. I cant remeber who the man who objected was.

??? was the guy who told him to get out the room. Have a guess mate (clue aka Alexander). :cool:

19. Tezzer

Tezzer Banned Banned

There's a saying mate: to thy own self be true.

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Exactly. And to each ITF organisation they are the "true ITF". So any of them not in the ITF-C could say that your arguments hold true against you and the ITF-C.