It appears I may...or may not..be sicker that I thought

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Xue Sheng, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Had a physical today, talk to my MD about the things I have been experiencing.... and now I have 4 pages of blood work to get done; The typical physical stuff like cholesterol check, but he threw in a full Tick born disease check, various forms or Autoimmune Arthritis checks and a few others that I am not exactly sure what they are for just yet....Basically I think they need a gallon of blood

2. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Hopefully they will only find things that are easy to fix, and no big problems. Best of luck to you!

Xue Sheng likes this.
  3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

If its all already covered by your medical insurance etc... I say let em have it. Better they test you for everything rather than pot luck examinations and hope for the best.

But just in case, walk round to see if the Nurse takes out a straw. ;)

When I was being tested (had a bit of a big scare a while back). Nurse initially said, "just need a small vial" She lied!
    3 vials and a milk bottle later. If I wasnt strapped down (and seriously ill) I would've fought to get my life essence back.

axelb, Xue Sheng and Nachi like this.
  4. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I agree - better to be checked.
    I hope everything will turn ok for you. Or it will at least be stuff easy to fix.

I was supposed to get some blood tests, too. My allergolosits gave me a paper with too many fields ticked. I wasn't ill or anything, it was just useful to know, I guess. I havne't gone. Never was there the right opportunity :D A year later, I appologized and got the same paper again. It has been a year again and I am starrting to feel quite bad about it :D But the thought of so many vials....

But I'm sure you're better than me and you can do it! :)

Xue Sheng likes this.
  5. Xue Sheng

They took the blood and now I think I'm a quart low :D

10 vials, now wait and see

Dead_pool likes this.
  6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

10 vials?! Crazy! Legally they own a fair percentage of your body now I guess.

Hope you're all well man!

Xue Sheng likes this.
  7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

The adult human body has about 4,500 to 5,700 mL of blood in it, the average pathology tube is 7ml ish, x 10 is 70ml, so that would still be what 1.5% of the total of a small human bodies blood supply.

It always seems more coming out though!

pgsmith and Xue Sheng like this.
  8. Xue Sheng

Well apparently I was not satisfied with the average every day joint pain.... I went a sprained my ankle bad enough to need a splint and a cane for the next few days

9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

So sorry to hear that! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Xue Sheng likes this.
  10. Xue Sheng

Well, the test results are in.... Yes, its true..... I'm plague infested....

I have Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever thanks to a tick bite. And somewhere along the way I was exposed to Mononucleosis and I have that too. But the Mono is no longer contagious but I will be dealing with side effects from it for some time to come. I pick up meds for the Tick stuff this afternoon.. and Mrs Xue has me taking some INCREDIBLY vile Chinese herbal tea too

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

:eek:

that's awful, I hope the meds and herbal tea works quickly.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  12. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will be able to get over it soon. :(

Xue Sheng likes this.
  13. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Xue Sheng likes this.
  14. Xue Sheng

Thanks everyone.... I am currently hopped up on Doxycycline and doing fine. And I will be on Doxycycline for 4 weeks.

And I am walking around my office without the cane for my ankle and I am walking around my house without the splint. so the ankle is doing much better too

Monkey_Magic and axelb like this.
  15. Xue Sheng

and now I'm in a I have tendonitis and have to spend the next 5 days in an elbow brace and a heavy duty wrist brace.....dang I'm old and falling apart faster than I can recover.

16. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Stop yanking it so hard then!

17. ned

ned Valued Member

Thats nearly an armful :p

you've certainly had more than your share of ailments, hope you're back to good health soon !

Xue Sheng likes this.
  18. Xue Sheng

I'm right handed...and its the left arm a wrist...not the right...besides...I'm damn near 60 and things don't work like they use to :D

19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Well, than you need to yank it more using your left arm, so it can get used to it.

Get well soon though ;) :)

20. Xue Sheng

Well..it appears I am now, finally, free of Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, but I now have a sinus infection....and to be honest, I'd rather have the sinus infection.

axelb likes this.