Is this a good deal for three guitars?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by AndrewTheAndroid, May 6, 2016.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Jay Jr Dreadnaught,
    Anjo W68,
    Greg Bennet Design Malibu Electric
    it's $150 total for the three guitars. I'd be using the acoustic ones at the beach and campfires, etc...

2. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Well. From a quick google, they are all cheapy, crappy guitars. So the guitar realist in me says "hey dude, save up $300, and scope ebay, musiciansfriend.com for the deal of the day, and get a really awesome $300 guitar that is way better than any of these three guitars." Or just google around and get some decent $300 guitar.

The super cheapy guitar doofus in me says "yeah sure, $50 per guitar is OK, you will dork around with them a bit, sell for $50 later, and have that $150 later to do what guitar realist says above".

The guitar elitist in me says "do what Guitar realist above says, but with $1000 budget". Ignore this dude.

IMHO It's all about how much time you want to mess around with the $50 guitars before you decide to get to the $300 guitars. $1000 guitars not really ever needed.

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I think I am going to get them because I need a cheap one or two for the summer so I am not lending out my good guitar for campfire songs etc... I think I'll do what you recommend and just sell them later.