Is there any Spiritual implication of MA?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by runcai, Jun 26, 2014.

1. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I love how people get hung up on enlightenment like it's some sort of super-power or something. The word the Buddha used was Bodhi (Sanskrit, Pāli), literally "to have woken up and understood". All he ever said was I am awake.

At least if you go by the earliest texts. A lot of crap has been added to the cannon over time, weed that out and you can get a better picture of what the Buddha might have said in his uncompromised first draft.

Not really that big of deal at all.

2. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I think having a PPM would be cool. A PPM is a personal protection mortar. Something light, one man usage, easy to carry and has anti-zombie rounds. Fun for the whole family.

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Kind of not a big deal, but also a life-changing thing that can't be oversold.

It's when all the supernatural power gubbins starts getting dumped in with it that it gets dumb.

I suppose, for people who are still asleep and don't know it, you need something more dramatic and easy to understand.

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

The old bait and switch.

5. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Good, so it should be matter and energy instead of Mind Body and Spirit.

6. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

What in God's holy name are you blathering about?

7. David Harrison

No.

12 types of matter and 4 forces.

As far as we know.

That knowledge is more profound and useful than the writings of every prophet and mystic combined.

8. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Do you mean 12 states of matter and 4 interactions of energy?

9. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Dude, your sarcasm meter doesn't seem to be working, you may want to get that checked out.

I'm not sure if you are serious or just trolling but if you have an interest read "Buddha in Bluejeans". It's a very good simple introduction to breathing meditation, best of all it's free on Amazon.

10. runcai

runcai Valued Member

I am not sure but from energy formed matter and then transformed back to energy sounds plausible. In such case, mind body spirit are just different states of energy, therefore maybe death, out of body experience, contact with demons, etc., are just experience on a pure energy level.

11. David Harrison

Sigh...

No, they are hallucinations. That's not to say you can't learn anything from them, but you can only learn about yourself, not any universal truths.

For this discussion (if that's what this is?) to continue, you have to define "spirit" for us.

What does "spirit" do, runcai, and how do I experience it?

12. Remi Lessore

Remi Lessore Valued Member

David,
    Your patience is almost saintly.
    Remi

13. David Harrison

It has been said before!

;)

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

But would you get really cross if people kept on and on saying it? ;)

15. David Harrison

shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP!!!

:D

16. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Energy, it was and is and will be. Mind and body and matter are just different states of energy. Maybe spirit can be defined as a pure form of energy without matter.

17. David Harrison

Like neutrinos?

I'll rephrase the question:

Runcai, in what context have you experienced pure energy without matter?

18. runcai

runcai Valued Member

Thanks, as neutrino do have mass so my assumption of pure energy without matter is wrong. I was thinking of the type of energy that produce by a living person such as aura or external Qi energy, but this can just be in terms of heart (mind and will), soul (living being) and strength.

19. David Harrison

Care to share any experiences you've had with auras and qi?

I'm not without experience in this, and I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

20. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Does a neutrino have mass when it is viewed as a wave?

Runcai please explain your belief system as it doesn't seem to be cohesive when explained in posts of 20 words or less.