Is there an online sight where i can watch MT Fights free?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by AmericanFighter, Nov 22, 2011.

1. AmericanFighter

AmericanFighter Valued Member

Hey guys as you know I am new to MT. In training i think it is very important to watch some of the best. Do you guys know of archives for MT fight videos i can watch online for free? Thanks!

AF

2. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Have you heard of youtube.com?

3. AmericanFighter

yeah i know i just didn't know if there was a better one that is geared specifically for martial arts and is a little more detailed about the fights and fighters.

4. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Pay per view?

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No

Buy them you tightfisted leech and help build the sport and pay the fighters

6. AmericanFighter

well sorry but between paying for the university i go to, The gym i train at and preparing to enter this ****** economy we have i really dont have the extra money right now and i was just hoping to find an archive of old fights.

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Youtube is brilliant for old fights! :D

8. 6footgeek

6footgeek Meow

You can link fights from youtube and more experienced MT members of this community usually discuss them. You can get useful input from them quite easily =D
    Though ask an admin if this is ok in the TOS, and also, don't try to start a flame war =)

9. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Ah, gotcha. So because you're short of cash illegal viewing of a sport you supposedly support is okay?

10. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Most research indicates the the biggest consumers of downloaded music are also, by a substantial margin, those who spend the most money on it legitimately. I'd be curious to see whether something similar is the case, that those who make greatest use of illegal viewing of the sport are also those who invest the most time and money into it.

11. Webdunk

Webdunk Muay Thai Diary

12. lorenzodamarith

lorenzodamarith Project: Chaos!

hello,

a tight fist is important in muay thai. good advice, hannibal!!

americanfighter, you won't really find any sites that have fights with any more depth of insight than youtube. the idea of linking particular fights and then asking specific questions is you best "free" option.

still, if you at university, perhaps you can get a few droogs (clockwork orange reference) together and all pitch in to get pay per view fights. pay per view muay thai is often cheap and it's a good excuse to start a party.

hopefully this helps.

thanks

13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

What these studies never reveal is whether they're spending that money on the people whose music they're downloading, or on others. Without that information it's not that meaningful.

14. AmericanFighter

Yeah and I don't mind paying for ppv's when I can I just want to find a place where I can watch the fights and scrutinize and learn from watching the experts.

Where can I find a list of the next ppv's by the way?

15. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

A good point. Although I'm finding it hard to think of a chain of events which would result in a marked distinction between what they're prepared to pay for and what they aren't. Yes I know, from a research perspective that's not a compelling argument, however in the absence of research to indicate such a distinction then we would have to resort to what seems probable. Personally, I think it's probable that people will pay for the same things they'll download, as it seems highly likely and I can't at present think of a compelling reason for the alternative to be true. Just to state again, I would only take this stance when there is no compelling evidence.

Or if there is compelling evidence I'm not aware of, and if made aware of it I would rapidly revise my position. Not without some embarrassment but I would.

16. daggers

daggers Valued Member

people should be able to watch for free! thai boxing is very mis understood by the general public and hiding it behind ppv tv is going to detere them further! in the long run it is better to give them it free now, when it has a huge following ok.

plus no fighter ever sees the ppv money! it goes straight to the website owner.

17. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Well, because they already have some stuff. Why buy what they've already downloaded for free? Maybe buy other stuff from that same artist, but they're still taking a freebie.

Because they've downloaded it, it doesn't strike me as likely that they'd then buy it. As I said above, they might buy other stuff by the same artist, but I doubt they'd bother buying the songs they've already downloaded.

Of course, since I don't download music (other than through my Spotify subscription, which is a little different) I'm not really qualified to comment from a position of knowledge on this. However, if you download music, do you then buy the same music?