Is Pastafarianism a real religion?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by aikiMac, Nov 18, 2015.

1. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

No, what are you alleging is a cult?

2. AJMartialArtist

AJMartialArtist Valued Member

Pastafarinism

3. aikiMac

What makes you think it is a cult?

See, calling it a cult implies that you know of people who actually practice the religion with sincerity. I'm calling your bluff. I don't think you do.

4. AJMartialArtist

No I don't know anything about it. it's what I thought it was, I stand corrected by a guy who likes to swing a big stick and to be honest If you want to pray to the flying spaghetti monster and hail his noodly appendage then go for it for me it sounds like a complete waste of time and is a joke and parody of religion and can be considered a cult by the definition of the word cult but hey what do I know

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

If you think it's a cult, not much apparently

6. AJMartialArtist

a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object: this is the definition by the dictionary of the word cult

7. aikiMac

That might be so, but nothing about Pastafarianism/Flying Spaghetti Monster makes me think that it satisfies that definition. To the contrary, everything I know about it makes me think that the definition does not apply -- and that's why I found it so odd that you would insist it is a cult. :dunno:

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Take up limbo dancing.....with things going this far over your head you will clean up!

9. AJMartialArtist

Ok I'll put my hands and surrender but honestly I don't how this is a religion and no thanks Hannibal Limbo Dancing Nah I prefer Martial Arts so I have learnt that it is not a cult but it's too weird for me and honestly when heard about this it was only a small thing and now it sounds like it is a global religion this world is crazy that's why thought it was a cult because I only thought it was a small church thing like the rattlesnake church known as snake salvation so I do stand corrected by a cannibal and guy with a big stick lol (Aussie humour) So let's just say I'm wrong and sorry for getting carried but I really did not know how stupidly big this religion has got :)

10. aikiMac

It's not actually a religion. That's the thing. It's a parody of religion. It's a satire. It's tongue-in-cheek humorous way of making fun of theistic religions, and the people who believe in god(s).

11. ned

ned Valued Member

Yeh , they took me for every penne I had :cry:

12. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

prove that the flying spaghetti monster does not exist.

13. aikiMac

^^ Exactly.

You're killing me, Ned. :yeleyes: :p