Is Ninjutsu Really Effective?2

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kurama1234, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yup - he says that often

If you want to be able to do what he does, then do what he did to get there

There's no value in just reading the last few chapters of a book

I think that this is a problem with the buj and probably other arts like aikido where the head lives to a ripe old age

2. Pankeeki

Pankeeki Valued Member

I think most megadans in the BJK would get there ass handed to them but the BJJ brown belt when rolling. And their small joint manipulations wont be very effective as the generally never practice them against fully resistant ukes.

What is important to understand about the way we fight and train in the nine ryuha is that the system is designed so that fighting with weapons is exactly the same as fighting without weapons. Thereby making people more flexible and allround whatever the situation or the weapons used.

A BJJ brown belt probably wont do very well against a boxer under boxing rules.
    Or against a skilled BjJK practitioner in a sword fight. So it depends on what you train for and if you specialize in a certain aspect of martial art. It also means that rules limit the fight and the possibilities.
    In the BJK we always assume more then one opponent and weapons. That is why we dont spend a lot of time rolling on the ground and stay away from the ground as much as we can. That also means that if we roll with a BJJ broen belt he is likely to dominate in that situation. Nothing wrong with that, its just logic.

3. kevin g

kevin g Valued Member

I like what Bas Rutten said about his experience with multiple attackers - he went to the ground, let the other guys punch and kick on him, choked the first guy out quickly, and then went on to the next one.

Of course, he was well-conditioned and able to take hits, which is also an important part of training. But if you know how to move on the ground, and how to use your legs to fend off kicks, then it can be safer than standing and trading punches with three guys.

Even in MMA, we've seen how a "butt scooter" can be very hard to get to.

4. MouzalinaMahfud

MouzalinaMahfud Valued Member

Cross-posting deleted.
    One place is enough, please. See Terms of Service 4.4.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  5. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Hi Mouzalina.

Would it be ok to explain the relevance of your post to the topic at hand (namely is Ninjutsu effective)?

Thanks

6. Tommywilley84

Tommywilley84 New Member

I'm not all knowing by any means but as a student I feel it's the teachers job to show and explain things and the responsibility of being good or effective is entirely up to the student