Is JKD really deadly??...

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Tetsujin, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

First of all...I dont want to start any fights with any JKD practitioner..All I want to know is JKD really deadly??...I mean in JKD every part of your body would become a deadly weapon....So..what I want to know is..Is JKD really deadly...and please...so sarcastic answers....

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

As opposed to what?!

As opposed to merely 'kinda deadly'

or the ever present 'sort of deadly'?

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Come on... your question begs a sarcastic response! Only I haven't had my second cup of coffe yet... so my sarcasm nodes have not been warmed up.

That's almost like throwing a brick of dynamite on a bonfire and then asking it not to explode. : )

3. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

Yeah dude, slips got a damn good point. its a stupid question. But im going to try and answer it to the best of my ability and say: Hell Yes. AS in any good fighting system (Which I say since JKD is a concept, not a style :D) it can be used to apply deadly force. But seriously, your question can be taken in so many ways. Im going to leave this to the ravaging dogs of MAP and see what they come up with.

4. old timer

old timer Just well worn !

All each and every martial art can be and is deadly, or do you mean is JKD the deadliest of the deadliest martial arts in which case the answer is ............. (insert your own answer here)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  5. fixationdarknes

fixationdarknes Valued Member

Hm, JKD is only as deadly as you make it.

6. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

agree. thing is there is finger strikes,elbows,chokes,strangles,.these can all have deadly results.but can be taken to a point where they are not deadly.for example letting go of the choke,as they go limp and not keep holding on to it

7. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Yes! A good JKD practitioners ears will become as deadly as machetes!

As said already, JKD's a comcept not a style. But, as with anything its only as deadly as it makes you!

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Does it really matter?????????????

9. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

The answer is Yes, JKD is teh deadly

10. ScorpioJ

ScorpioJ New Member

EXACTLY!!

11. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

i'll try not to be sarcastic. i promise. :D

you asked whether JKD is t3h deadlys, i can honestly tell you that it's entirely up to the person, and not the art. now why do i feel like i'm opening a can of worms here?

-nico-

12. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

yes if you train it with those who still keep it old school.

Tim Tackett, Larry Hartsell, Chris Kent, Cass Magda, Blaise Long all teach great JKD and extremely effective and brutal.

Otherwise you are just doing watered down Jun fan kick boxing.

-silatyogi

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  13. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

sorry bit confused. whats watered down jun fan kickboxing?

14. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

Screw it, Tetsuijin? YES JKD IS DEADLY

15. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

my jkd is so deadly that i can't even say, "whaaaatahhhhhhh," without killing someone.

16. MaS_OyaMa

MaS_OyaMa New Member

Well-- that is kind of a silly question-- but JKD really isn't a style, so much as it is an "idea".

All Bruce Lee was doing was taking his knowledge of MA, and turning it into a practical use of MA... and people thought he was coming out with SUCH A GREAT STYLE! OOOHH! But what he was really trying to do was show people how MA could be used both in a spar, and especially in a fight... I'll give ya' an example--

Bruce Lee expressed how you could keep the knee, as the opponent tried to come in, to keep them at a distance.... Well, I train in Karate, and they teach you the mae geri (front kick), yes? It would be common sense to kick at an opponents legs, to keep them at a distance....

I don't really think JKD was meant to be put into a style-- but that's just my 2 cents.

Thanks~~

17. Kempo Fighter

Kempo Fighter New Member

Of course its not ment to be put into a style, thats the whole concept behind the JKD ....... concept. But seriously, for all intensive purposes, JKD is deadly

18. Developing

Developing Valued Member

From what I know of Bruce Lee he believed in the art of fighting as being able to defend oneself using whatever is effective. Not getting bogged down in any particular style just using what works. I'd say this can be as deadly as the JKD stylist wants it to be.

19. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

I don't know about old school.....The only old school original student of Bruce Lee you have named there is Larry Hartsell......Back to the topic.......I have said before in other post; that it is not the style that makes the martial artist.....Its the martial artist that makes the style, period!......and yes the way Mr. Lee taught Jeet Kune Do; Its very effective.......but there are only four of his Original Students that are teaching it that way!

Peace-Out!
    John

20. LS

LS Full Metal Jacket.

interesting, who are those four ??