Is Boxing a Martial Art?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Dirk Dagger, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Hehehe....that was funny.

Egomaniac, loudmouthed and arrogant...obviously. Due to an abundance of self-confidence? Not likely...

Everyone is in a position to make comments...and you can usually tell those who have knowledge and wisdom as they do not make posts like that. But as long as you feel superior to everyone else, which only by words does it seem that you do, I suppose that is all that matters.

2. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

I had to read that twice to see if he was being serious or not :D

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Alas - I fear he is :rolleyes:

Either that or we have yet another bridge dweller in our midst.

4. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

Right. So you're telling me you actually DID go into a boxing club and do that?

I have no problem with my confidence. I got bullied at school and had run-ins with random chavs when walking through town, I've had my fair share of fights, and unless I've been outnumbered I've usually come out on top. As you say, the people who fought me were arrogant, loud-mouthed, and devoid of any form of intelligence. This is before and after doing proper martial arts training, by which I mean when I actually started putting effort into training.

Fear, you say? Of course I have fear. It's not a good idea to not be scared of anyone as there is always a bigger fish. The difference between me and you - and the reason I still have fear in some situations - is that I don't assume I can take on the great whites just because I caught a load of minnows.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

6. kenpfrenger

kenpfrenger sportin' a Broughton

Do they ever argue on the Judo forums if Judo is a martial art?

7. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

KidKrazy, the "Suicidal Aerial Assault Artist"?

He's a kid alright, he looks to be under 16.

So much for...

I presume these experiances took place in the school playground?

8. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

As serious as a self promoting backyard wrestler gets. After visiting his site, it all starts to fall into perspective. Probably one too many moonsaults off the garage roof.

- Matt

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

ROFLMAO!!! :D No truer words have been said :)

10. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

I think this is an example of the mainstream world standing against you, kid. But believe me, we're not looking on in concern, just humour :D

11. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

Yeh that site's really something. I showed it to a couple of friends of mine (boxers) and they are still running scared to death..

12. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

He's been watching too much TV if you ask me! :D

13. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

It is a martial art by definition, so yes it is a martial art. As for Krazy, its funny to hear you call all others unintelligent while you obviously are not the smartest tool in the shed.

14. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

I think Krazy was joking, i mean, he had to be, no one is that stupid.

15. AAAhmed46

AAAhmed46 Valued Member

Well, kid, i should be mad at you. I write stories. And the intro to one of my short stories is just like the bio you wrote.

16. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Well that explains it, hes a "backyard wrestler"...must have gotten hit on the head a few to many times.

17. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

Simple spelling is a bit too much though, huh?

18. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Well, that is nit-picking...I have seen so many members use 'to' instead of 'too' (or vise-versa). There are so many other good reasons to make fun of him...;).

But be careful, after all he is an accomplished Ninja with 16 years of experience behind him (apparently right from the time his mom pushed his oversized ego out of her) and he could be hiding behind you right now!!! bwaahaahaahaa...:rolleyes:.

19. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

Greetings,

Lets not get our knickers in a twist girls, seem to have hit a nerve. ;)

I knew my opinion would provoke this reaction in a boxing thread, maybe I shouldn't have, ah well... I did.

Congratulations on doing your homework guys, 50:51 is an entertainment medium that I work with. As for my history, it all adds to my illustrious thirteen year career in martial arts and entertainment - i don't see how you can possible make fun of it, or even want to? If you really want to follow my entertaining antics in the wrestling, music and entertainment industry you can keep track on http://www.kidkrazy.co.uk - when its back up and running, whenever that is.

Otherwise, stay in school kids and do boxing - it's... helpful. :cool:

I'm getting out of this thread area, it was my bad to let you all know my truthful opinion on boxing. It hurts doesn't it. :woo:

Yours in martial arts,

Kid.

20. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Your website, though empty, still has more substance than do you. Good luck...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.