Ironman Movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Stevebjj, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

http://powet.tv/2007/07/29/iron-man-movie-teaser/

I'm sure that by the time you see this, it will be gone, but there is a teaser making its way around of the new Ironman movie. For those lucky enough to catch it, it looks very, very cool.

I was on the fence about Robert Downey Jr., but from what little I've seen, he's great. Best lines (from memory):

"People have called you the Da Vinci of our time. What do you think of that?"

"Ridiculous. I don't paint."

"What about Merchant of Death?"

"That one's pretty good."

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Yup, it's gone. Stupid Youtube :bang:
    I'm actually pretty hopeful about this one; Iron Man's probably my favourite Marvel "hero" and having Robert Downey Jr playing him rather than some gimp that I've never heard of leads me to suspect they're going to do this right. Stark's a complex character, especially in the newer issues (Post "Extremis" and during "Civil War" especially), but providing the script's tight, it should be cool - Downey's a good enough actor that he can certainly handle the character if he's on form and the effects looked great

3. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

I found a quicktime mp4 file of the video. Send me a pm if you would like the link.

4. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Another good line:

"Some people say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I say that the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once. It's the way my dad did it. It's the way America does it, and it's worked pretty well so far."

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Is the silver surfer film good?

6. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

if ur talking about the new fantastic 4 one with the silver surfer in it i didnt think it was that good, it could have been much better

7. JHughes

JHughes New Member

just seen the film its great

8. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I haven't seen it myself but one of the lads i train with took his boy to see it and reckons it was really good. He said hes better than some of the other superhero's as he just blasts bad guys to bits rather than just capturing them, will have to find out myself.

9. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Saw it today with my son. It was a very enjoyable film. Downey was great!

10. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

"Iron Man, Iron Man....does whatever a Iron Man can......"

11. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Saw it Thursday. Although I enjoyed the movie very much I was not "impressed". Characters were well played but I thought there could have been a few more active fight scenes. The fight scenes could have been more dramatic too. I mean, Ironman kicked butt and the evil doers always lost. I tend to like fight scenes where the victor is in doubt.

Special effects were enjoyable. NO! I did not wait until the credits were over because I used my son for that information. I am sure I can find the "special" scene on youtube soon.

All in all, I rate Ironman a 6 out of 10. Not worth the $25 my wife and I spent to see the movie. Thank God we had gift cards from Christmas!

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  12. forero

forero Valued Member

Gorgeous woman" Hey Tony, remember me?"
    Downey walking by "certainly don't"

13. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Downey as Stark "I was doing a piece from Vanity Fair".

14. carlos

carlos MAP Hoo Flung Dung Expert Supporter

I quite enjoyed this film. I'm not a comic fan really, but don't mind some of the films - maybe because I don't have any pre-conceived ideas about how the 'hero' should be played.

There was some good humour, good action and some good acting - Jeff Bridges was great, I didn't recognise him until near the end!

15. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter