"iron vest" ?

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Nimrook, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Adam

Adam New Member

2. jokerlaughsatu

jokerlaughsatu New Member

you guys are all talking about vestern martial arts right?

AAaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhaa
    OOOOOOOooooohhhhhhohohohohohohohohohhoohhoho
    hahahhaahahahahahoahoahoahohohohohohahahahha

3. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

5. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

6. BH Alexander

BH Alexander New Member

nads retracted or not, wouldnt it hurt like hell getting soccer punted in the groin/pelvic area

7. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

It is said that it takes an iron palm to defeat an iron vest.(golden bell, iron body, etc) However, its also an internal thing, people miss the point, you dont train in it just by getting beat up, there are internal sides to it like chi kung. Unlike what people tend to believe its not all about body conditioning there is also mental conditioning along with it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  8. hwardo

hwardo Drunken Monkey

Look, it isn't mystical that people develop amazing control over their bodies. Yes, the testicles can be retracted into a safe place, and you can be kicked there repeatedly. Why is this so difficult to believe? There are people that can pop their eye balls out of their head, and people that ingest loose change, only to regurgitate it back up in ascending order. There are folks that can eat broken glass. Their are Indian holy men that have managed to not eat for months and months during controlled studies. There is strange stuff in the world; we might as well not write it all off at once, but perhaps on a case by case basis.

The real mystery behind qigong, and I think many of the internal disciplines, is body awareness-- people having control over internal workings that you otherwise don't have control of. I think that it is time for people to start putting their money where their mouth is, and trying qigong, simply so they can see that it isn't hocus pocus, but rather a discreet system for developing total body awareness and control.

9. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

I think the problem arises from ignorance and practictioners of other arts who have never heard of anything like and dont like to admit that things which they have no knowledge of can actually happen. Of course the non believer problem isnt helped by the people who have trained and have this and similar skills who really dont care whether people belive or not and are not fans of going around making videos or doing demonstrations. The only way to "get proof" is by being part of the culture that practices these things, you may think its all bogus and then one day someone says "see those bricks stacked up? Pick the one you like and Ill break it without breaking the others." Or not, you may never find the proof you are looking for and will be in ignorance forever.

10. Lithanwif

Lithanwif Human Punchbag

Oh please!

I have studied martial arts for a long time now. And many, many styles and I am always amazed by the claims.
    There is a program on in the UK right now on BBC three or some other digital cack called 'Mind, body and kick ass moves' Absolutely amazing. Contrived BS for the masses. Had the idiot presenting it chopping cucumber's on his forearm without cutting himself. Wow amazing, nope hang on, let me swing the f'n machette at you ******* then we'll see, adn I won't pull the blow to stop it. Geez.

Now to be honest, I have trained and still teach occasionally the one and three inch punches and have had Iron palm demonstrated on me, but as far as I can see, these are physical techniques, not Chi or Ki. Not that I don't believe in these, but I see them as an extension of the mind rather than a spiritual force.

but still to go on, this chap, I think his name was Colin interviewed the only Dim Mak practitioner in the world. who went on to knock out five of his students with a single ( Gentle? ) strike....Bollocks! they went down conscious.How do I know? he didn't demonstrate his damn techniques on the interviewer, he did show a meridian strike which caused pain in another area...I reckon a western doctor might be able to do the same thing.

If there's all these fantastic ways to kill or maim with single strikes, why havent I been practising those for twenty years rather than all the other fighting systems? Why doesnt one of these guys take his strikes into a boxing, thai or even UFC ring and show them off? He'd clear up.

Yes I have seen people do some fantastic things, some amazing things that make you stand back and say 'wow!' I've even kicked a chap who used iron shirt, with no effect : Fantastic, amazing..yes. Spritiual or magical..no! He even said it was a technique that could be taught. Note the technique.

Sorry for the rant guys, but in this day and age we can prove everything. Force of strike and force received, if there's a massive difference then maybe something spiritual is happening. Otherwise all of it is just a mental exercise aint it? And if anyone has a Dim Mak to teach me, then great, I'll give up all the other training and concentrate just on that then huh? Why doesn't everyone do that? oh yeah, cos it's bollocks!

11. Lithanwif

Lithanwif Human Punchbag

Oops

Also shoulda said, apparently ( I have never seen this, honest never, why would I be looking? ) Sumo wrestlers can retract testes.
    Don't know if you can train to take it all up, and would my albert interfere?

12. Nathan Algren

Nathan Algren New Member

That's not Iron Nuts .. if you know your anatomy and watch where the stick breaks, you can see that the person receiving the blow takes it on his tailbone, not on his "family jewels".

People tend to see what they want to believe.