Iron palm and..

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Noib Da Mutt, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt Banned Banned

I would like to start training to develop abilities such as the iron palm, iron foot, iron shin, iron forearm, and iron body. I am aware of the iron palm daily training excercises I must endure to develop this attribute, but I was curious to know if anyone had any training advice or workouts to develop some of these others.

2. Cain

Cain New Member

Get to a school ;)

|Cain|

3. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

yea... u don't want to learn these type of techs/conditioning on your own. definately seek a teacher...

4. Kempoblack36

Kempoblack36 New Member

Its not so much that you could not develop something like iron palm on your own with lots of research into the correct training method and a great deal of focus on making sure your doing it properly, its just easier to have someone over your shoulder pointing you in the right direction lol

5. ReeceLightning

ReeceLightning Valued Member

lol 4 years

6. Patrick_baji

Patrick_baji Valued Member

i dont get it...this is in the "what not to do" section?

7. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

I agree with everyone else you need a teacher here,
    At least within our iron stuff (except mostly palm), there are techniques to iron shin, forearm, thigh, body etc. It isn't just having someone/thing strike you and you develop bone density, skin toughness etc. (though that is there). For example our iron glaives, also incorporates specific rotation of the wrists to actually also make the block a strike.

As for iron body, if you do standing break falls, you are doing some of the training already. Just take your break falls other than the mat, say the grass, sand, dirt and work your way gradually up to where you should be able to do them on harder surfaces. For the rest find a teacher :D

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Note the date of the original post...

This guy won't be posting because he is banned. A number of his threads are in this forum, partially as a joke and partially to show people how not to make silly threads! This is one of the lesser offenders but it is still a pretty daft question with an obvious answer in the first post.

9. Orangeseger

Orangeseger YouTube =/= Training

It's a stretch, but could it be possible that approx 1/4 of all usernames on MAP are in fact Sprint?

10. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

Develop an iron mind first, then your body will follow in it's leader's footsteps. *does monk bow* :cool:

11. Ad McG

Nobody was as bad in H+F as noib. Sprint didn't touch H+F before he got banned.

12. Orangeseger

"Was" as bad....Did Noib banned too? I'm not surpised Sprint didn't touch the H+F section...he doesn't seem like the type. Wjat happened H+F anyway?

13. Ad McG

He was banned for breaking a number of rules about personal attack, profanity and generally just being a complete asshat.

H+F used to be one forum (it's still there but locked up for posting), but it has now become many forums, including the one you are posting in now. I think it's much better and the activity and content has increased IMO.

14. Orangeseger

I guess that is true. At least finding specific information will be easier with the whole forum broken down into smaller pieces.

Why do I get the feeling that Noib had (has) some crazy idea that training is like an episode of Dragonball Z, where you can train in 150xnormal gravity and see results in two days...then punch a planet in half?

Asshat...I'll have to remember that one.

15. Orangeseger

I was actually a little worried that someone might try to doing Noib's "training" and hurt themself.

16. Ad McG

Hence the main reason he got hounded off the forum before getting banned. It took a long time...

17. Orangeseger

So guys like Noib and Sprint are common among forums? Maybe they come in cycles because right now I don't sense much turmoil.

18. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

You can't sense turmoil because you're not a mod. Us mods have force powers. :D

But yeah, they do tend to come in cycles. Odd, innit?

19. Ad McG

Wherever thar be interweb, thar be trolls ahoy! AHAR!

20. Orangeseger

I've been wondering this for a while, but how do Mods get there position?