Invicta 11: Result

Discussion in 'MMA' started by ShadowHawk, Mar 1, 2015.

1. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

So all mighty Dana's doctor opinion of "She will die if she makes 135" was proved wrong lol

Anyways, now there is no excuse for Ronda to duck the 13-1 #1 contender

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

That fight wasn't at 135. She had an ankle injury (or that was her excuse this time). The fight was at featherweight to defend her title. Assuming you are talking about her most recent fight.

And I don't think the Dr. was approved by Dana White. That was one of Cyborg's Dr's. White wanted to hire that MMA fighter weight guru- can't think of his name- to help her get to 135. He made this offer and it was declined by Cyborg and her manager at the time- Tito Ortiz.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

SPOILER TAGS PLEASE!

Also title changed due to the big massive spoiler.

Thanks.

btw AAradia, Mike Dolce is the nutrition guy (who has been getting some negative feedback lately)

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Yeah, that is the guy! His name was escaping me. Thanks!

Point is White was making offers to try and help Cyborg make weight. I would have to look it up, but I think he offered for the UFC to pay for Dolce awhile ago. Who has some controversy, but is also known as the guy for helping people make weight. If he made that offer, I am sure he would have paid for another diet Guru if Cyborg didn't want Dolce.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  5. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

It's amazing how quickly UFC 184 derailed this thread.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

DW was also cage side, so he is clearly there to keep an eye.

7. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Rousey is not ducking anyone, she is the UFC champion, if you want to fight her you need to actually be in the UFC. Likewise to be the number 1 contender you need to be in the UFC and in the same weight class.
    13-1 juiced, fighting cans and not even pretending to care about making weight, and only fought 5 times in the last 5 years.

8. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Dana White is often at Invicta events - he's a big fan of the promotion, not least because it gives him lots of 115lb and 135lb fighters to look at. Cyborg aint one of them. Cyborg looks terrifying at 145lbs. Until we see her at 135, we wont know how dangerous she is going to be.

But can we talk about the fights that actually happened rather than the one that probably never will?

Alexa Grasso looked amazing. She's going to the UFC sooner rather than later.

9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

God I love Ronda! Second as my favourite crush after Malukah