introduction

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Demain, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Demain - The funny thing about violence is no one can ever claim to know anything about it. The most someone will ever experience is a small part of it. The violence a bouncer at a rowdy nightclub will see is very different from that of a soldier fighting in the trenches, or a police officer working in a gang-infested neighborhood, or a corrections officer working in a prison. Sure they share similarities but it's all different. This five on one scenario sounds like a schoolyard scuffle, hardly what one would call a fight for their own survival.

People tend to get elitist over their own experiences and think it somehow gives them superior knowledge. It doesn't. A lot of survivors are still around today despite their training, not because of it. We typically learn from the mistakes of those who didn't make it and adapt accordingly.

I think you still have a lot to learn, and a lot of growing up to do.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUIe7SAHJaM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUIe7SAHJaM[/ame]

3. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Not directed to one individual in particular, but I doubt many here could take on 5 guys.

Especially unscathed

Unless these guys had handicaps, 5 to 1, unarmed, is absurd

Fight stories tend to esculate or dramatise as it becomes;

* 1 on 1

* 1 on 1 with a weapon

* 1 on 1 with a bladed weapon

* 2 on 1

* 2 with weapons on 1 without a weapon

* 2 with bladed weapons on 1 without a weapon

It gets extreme and almost inbelievable once the number of attackers goes past 2

4 or 5 against 1 is the stuff for movies.

And remember, Superman can fly in the movies!!!

4. Demain

Demain Valued Member

It only sounds stupid if you have never experienced these things.

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

I'd be interested in hearing your answers to the above Demain.

6. Demain

Demain Valued Member

Ok, then lets put some of you guys into the same scenario and see if you can survive unscathed, I doubt it very much.
    The belts were the sharp metal buckle end, which doesn't seem like it hurts,
    but I want you to go and swing a belt as hard as you can against a
    watermelon or piece of wood and look at the results they can cause, they will draw blood on flesh fast. I had to get stitches.
    It is just like when you take a small razor blade and cut something it can
    cut much deeper than it looks. If it hits you in a target like the eyes
    it can blind you for life. Don't underestimate what weapons can be made out of impromtu objects.
    Especially if you have never experienced them in real life.
    The 5 guys did cause some damage to me, I didn't come out unscathed, but I did win and beat up all of them much worse.
    That is not even the worst situation I have ever been in, just one example.
    So why don't you guys share your stories about multiple attackers with us?
    If you guys don't want to read these posts, go read other peoples, since you think they know everything.
    If you don't want to share some knowledge and learn something new then don't read these posts.
    I am not begging you to read my posts.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

I have never fought in my life, so I have zero experience in regards to a fighting situation/scenario. The time I am around I have seen that all the people who know what they are talking about, say the same thing with you.
    But for some reason, a part of me can't take your word.
    I can't shake off the idea that a really good martial artist ( and we have a few here) could handle himself even if he was outnumbered. F.ex. I can't believe that a guy, let's say like Andy Hug, would lose to 4 untrained normal people. Especially if they had underestimated him before the fight.

Now I know, that 95% I am talking nonsense now and this is most probably wishfull thinking, but all this time I wanted to say it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  8. Demain

Demain Valued Member

They attacked me trying to rob me.
    This is not a good place to go into details.
    I used my martial arts to defend myself.

9. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Sounds like something out of the movie Pootie Tang.

[​IMG]

10. Demain

Demain Valued Member

No schoolyard scuffle. It was an attack that happened on the street.

11. Demain

Demain Valued Member

Funny, but that is a movie, this is real life.
    And notice the belt is folded in half. He is not hitting with the sharp end.

12. 47MartialMan

Your key word "few"

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Well at the risk of....no sod it - you sir are a damn liar

14. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I see how you completely missed what I was trying to explain and instead zeroed in on this part. If you are actually what you claim to be on MAP, I'll eat my hat. Fortunately for me, you seem like another young colored belt living with his parents who has developed an online fantasy role. Good luck with that.

15. Demain

Demain Valued Member

Things aren't always what they seem.
    I am 38. I don't live with my parents, I have my own home.
    I didn't miss what you said. It just seems to me that you guys just don't
    believe anything anyone tries to share. Then you act like you know more.
    You guys are not willing to be humble and learn.
    I am that is why I am reading posts and sharing posts.

16. Demain

Demain Valued Member

You can believe whatever you want. I am no liar.
    Why don't you go read other posts then if you don't believe me.

17. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Your delusions of grandeur, rejection of reality, and lack of paragraphing skills contained within your posts are highly entertaining and amusing.

Plus, you posted on a public forum, meaning we can read whatever the hell we want. You're posting questionable claims which we in return will treat with the appropriate skepticism. That's how it is.

18. Demain

Demain Valued Member

They would only be questionable claims if they were not true.
    So every single person gets this skeptical treatment, even if masters come here?

19. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Put it simply, yes. Besides, very rarely do we have people like yourself who come and claim/boast fighting several attackers, training and multiple (and I mean a lot) systems, fighting of an attacker in a bar (we found out it was a complete lie after some magnificent work by Kuma) and other various acts of self propaganda. Those kind of people are generally trolls, insecure individuals, or a mix of the two.

Also, "respectable" masters aren't the kind of people who go around tooting their horn. They let there reputation and actions speak for themselves.

Sorry if we don't believe you, but you aren't doing a good job of convincing us to be honest. You could be a great guy, but this is the internet, and here on MAP we treat everything with a dash of skepticism.

20. 47MartialMan

OK. Instead of the constant back and forth with the “I did this..I did that” “Believe Me this…”etc., etc.,

There are seasoned veterans with experience on MAP, and whenever someone comes on posting so much experience in so many arts or per how great they fought off so many attackers, there are going to those who will "question" anything about this.

This "questioning" is not about degrading, but more of a method to "actually" determine the level of experience one as.

Keep in mind, one does not even have to list their arts and/or fights they had, because by the reflection of their post(s) will determine just exactly how much experience one will "actually" have.

A key word here is "actually". Because no matter "how many" arts, techniques, fights, someone may think they may have, this is not accountable for their “actual” experience upon reflection of their post(s)

There are seasoned veterans with experience on MAP, whom have heard, seen it all the time, AND THEIR POST(S) ARE THE ACTUAL REFLECTION OF THEIR EXPERIENCE..... the best thing to do, is to change the subject and move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.