Intro

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Trewornan, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Trewornan

Trewornan Valued Member

Hi everyone.

Just signed up but I've been studying MA in the UK for just over a year now. I do Kickboxing, Krav and Jujitsu. I'm really bad so I'm still only a yellow belt in Kickboxing and Krav and I'm a green belt in Jujitsu (that's the traditional kind). I get kind of frustrated sometimes that I'm not progressing as fast as I'd like - not that I really care about what belt I am but I'm not usually a slow learner so . . .

I'm an old geezer in my mid forties and had taken very little exercise for many years so I've got a lot of remedial work to do. Although I have lost a fair bit of weight since starting and feel fitter generally - sometimes that increased fitness doesn't seem to evidence itself in the dojo.

I enjoy the kickboxing and krav but I constantly consider giving up the jujitsu because the mats aren't nearly as soft as I thought they would be and getting chucked on the floor at my age really isn't much fun. I land hard as I'm a big guy (6"2 and solidly built), also some of the smaller guys at jujitsu have a real job to manage certain throws with me (all the students are male although sensei is female). I also often have stiff shoulders or elbows after we do pins, etc.

But I seem to be whingeing so enough of that.

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Welcome to MAP!

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of old folks in their mid forties on MAP; we prefer to think of ourselves as veterans whilst everyone else just thinks of us as ante-deluvian :D

Mitch

5. panderso

panderso Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!

6. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Welcom to MAP.

Baza

7. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Welcome to MAP. I did Full Contact Kickboxing for two years so if you need any advice with that feel free to ask.

8. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Welcome to MAP from another mid forties guy! I can sympathize with a lot of the stuff you mention in your post. I'm sure you will like it here.

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

You get 100 old points just for using that word. :D

10. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Is hating deluvians a prerequisite for joining the site? I think they're ok.