Internal Styles Sparring

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Angelus, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

I have been looking for Tai Chi or Ba Gua sparring...or any soft styles. I dont think that i have EVER seen sparring with internal styles...

2. microhard

microhard Valued Member

I think the whole concept there is to be attacked by swining brute, not to have two masters throw chi at each other. :)

3. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

But u know i mean that really alot of people underestimate internal styles only because they dont see any sparring.... the whole way of thinking is "if there is no sparring how can it work in combat?"...this is also why many people think CMA's are crap compared to boxing.. or MT...
    In the end Tai Chi Chuan is still a MA so there HAS to be some sort of sparring..

4. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

I've got a video of it Taiji doing a 4 on one circle drill. Its on a DVD my friend let me borrow. Too bad the majority of it is PRC new wushu propaganda, but the old chen taiji master in it taking on 4 guys is pretty cool. The fact he just shook 'em off like a dog and water would was pretty cool. They're some Bagua pair sparring but it mainly looks like a two man form. The Broadsword & Chain whip demo on there was amazing :) Never seen anyone using a whip and dao at the same time before that. not thats its relevant to this thread, but I felt I should share.

5. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Go to the Tai Chi forum and watch the Taiji vs. Shia Jiao video.

Pretty cool.