Internal Energy - Chi as a possibility of No Contact Combat

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by russiancombat, Oct 1, 2014.

1. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

I'll figure it out and share it. What I'm speaking of is quite amusing. There are youtube videos but I forget what it's called.

2. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Hold on. I found something that sort of resembles what I'm speaking of. I think this guy has already been debunked.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1nzD-n25Q"]Martial Arts Death Touch - YouTube[/ame]

3. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Ok, just found it. Not going to post another video. It's called Kyusho which looks like another version of Dim Mak. I find them all hilarious to watch, especially when it doesn't work on someone.

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Both of those videos I posted in the last thread FYI

5. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

and taking all the fun out of hitting someone really hard.........

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I like this excuse. "It doesn't work because you're stupid. And ugly. And fat. And you're a jerk!!!!"

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I'm immune on all counts! :D

Mitch

8. philosoraptor

Just to expand, I guess it also says "I only expect intelligent people to attack me."

9. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

That is why I carry a folder full of tests with me. I give it to any would-be attacker. If they get a grade between 80% to 95% I allow them to attack, but slowly and only when after I tell him it is ok. If they get above 95% we discuss the attack in great detail before the actual attack can occur since they have proven to be smart enough to attack so we can then choreograph the actual attack so I do not hurt them with my Qi power. But below 80% they are just to stupid for me to waste my high level powers of Qi on so they are told to go away....:D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  10. philosoraptor

Qi is the reverse of IQ… could there be a relationship!?

11. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Reverse Intelligence?

I believe in the No Touch Combat

I could even do it over the computer...if I could find a way not to touch the keyboard

12. Xue Sheng

Yes, the higher their IQ the more deserving they are of experiencing my vast powers of QI.... the lower the IQ the less worthy they are to be allowed to experience by vast powers of QI...that and their brain simply could not handle my awesomeness and it would explode....well my awesomeness AND attractiveness... but that is stuff of another post

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  13. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

That's one of many meanings/views.

Not to detract from the thread,but when Cheng,Man-ch'ing said one of the most valuable things he learned from Yang,Cheng-fu was to not use the ch'i he didn't mean Yang told him not to use good mechanics,etc.

There's a difference between the idea of cultivating/leading ch'i and trying to "use" it in combat.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  14. embra

embra Valued Member

One can choose to buy into the whole Bio-pixie fairy-tale plasma hulabaloo - if it makes you feel better about yourself etc - i.e. it is largely harmless, but if you choose to believe that you can dispatch opponents through vapour, well there be a vacancy or 2 at the local psychiatric hospital.

15. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Or the city morgue

16. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Only in Pinyin!

17. russiancombat

russiancombat Valued Member

Interesting.. people have expectations even for people who might attack them.
    So, if the person is not intelligent, he can't attack? :lowblow:

This is a genius statement.

18. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Wow you seriously took that a face value lol ! I don't think there has been a serious post in this whole thread.

19. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I'm surprised that with all the comments in this thread this is the one you chose to respond to...

Do you have anything to add about all the times that no-touch work has utterly failed to perform?

20. Xue Sheng

Listen. I can see if someone is coming at you and you side step and put your hand directly in from of their face they MIGHT bend backwards to avoid the hand and then fall down. I can also see similar things with distractions where if you place your hand in the right area at the right moment the attacker, order to not get hit, might move in such a way that he becomes unbalanced and falls or is easily knocked over.

But, if someone is claiming to project their energy (Qi) and that projection of energy is what is knocking someone over (see the Ki Master) I take the same stance that was taken by Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine on the whole projection of Qi stuff..... its fake.