Internal Energy - Chi as a possibility of No Contact Combat

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by russiancombat, Oct 1, 2014.

1. russiancombat

russiancombat Valued Member

Hi Guys,

I'm curious - What do you think about developing Internal Energy (Chi) as a possibility of No Contact Combat?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uleFg-m2WcA"]Internal Energy - No Contact Combat - Russian Spetsnaz Training - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ8a3IdCRNc"]No Contact Psychological Combat - Systema Spetsnaz - Russian Martial Arts[/ame]

2. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

is this still going on? its body mechanics plus repetitive training, want magic watch harry potter

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I think it's utter nonsense.

Mitch

4. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

If you can kill someone without touching, there will be no finger print, no murder weapon. It can be a perfect crime.

When you hold a sharp pointing sword, run toward at your opponent like a mad man, you scare him to death. He falls down backward, will you call that "no contact combat"?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[​IMG]

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Ok, so let's say this works, and it works by controlling another person's subconscious. Shouldn't that make it more effective against say, a Komodo dragon? After all, they are even simpler creatures. Maybe they should demonstrate this against a Komodo dragon.

[​IMG]

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

8. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

I love how in the second video the guy just always falls down. And the attacks in both videos are horrendous. I'd live to see anyone try that junk with an amateur boxer. How do think it would work?

9. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

russiancombat:

Is it true that Vadim Starov was thrown out of the Kadochnikov System because he was too interested in profit and nothing else, and that he never received a teaching qualification in the system?

10. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I must admit he has done a good job at teaching his students when to fall down

Remember this guy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I"]Kiai Master vs MMA - YouTube[/ame]

He taught his students when to fall down too...sadly the last gut didn't get the memo

11. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Actually there's a theory by some that such things won't work against people of low intelligence,and I'm pretty sure a Komodo dragon wouldn't graduate from kindergarten.So there's the out from that test.

Maybe so,but I'm still not refunding you that $500.00 for my study by mail course!

In numerous accounts of challenges between peers in CMAs since the 1800s we don't find it happening.

Shouldn't that tell you something?

12. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Given that Chi/Ki is just an older way of expressive good posture, breathing and biomechanics, there's no possibility of using those things to affect someone physically without contact. It's a parlour trick which will get people hurt or killed if they ever have to rely on it in self defence.

There are countless examples of this sort of thing being outed as fraudulent, and the proponents are still passing it off as a real tool for fighting. Such people should be lambasted wherever possible as a means of demonstrating to their students and potential students that what they are teaching is dangerous, not to people attacking them but to the poor guys relying on this training to do anything in a real fight situation.

The only true "no touch" self defences are de-escalation strategies and running away. De-escalation affects people without contact but won't make them fall down without contact. Running away shouldn't need explanation.

13. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

As I mentioned in your previous thread, if you had access to this sort of ability why not apply to the James Randi challenge, If you could prove it under scientific conditions its an easy $1,000,000 and publicity for your art.

This has been proven time and time again as nonsense that would never work against a non-compliant opponent rather than a conditioned student. Why waste time with this when you can be training/refining and testing high percentage stuff that actually has a chance of working...

George Dilman called he wants his thread back. :hammer:

14. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

I'm not sure some of the no touch folks have graduated from kindergarten or are smarter than a Komodo.

15. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Honestly, I don't believe it.

I don't beleive some magickal Chi force is what is making that guy fall down- not at all.

Witness Kia vs MMA guy video posted here. That is what I believe happens when a no contact Chi person goes up against someone not hypnotized to buy into it.

16. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Oh, it reminds me of that other nonsense martial art where the guy touches you with a finger and you basically fall down. Only thing is, if they try to apply it to a person who hasn't been screened beforehand it won't work. Then they tell you it didn't work because you didn't believe. Umm, what is that called?

Second warning for use of masked profanity. Next time I'm coming round and giving you a Chinese burn.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  17. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

The only way that I can think of to make an opponent fall down (unwillingly) without touching them would be by some kind of feint that they react to and lose their balance. But since you can't control (or predict) an opponent's reaction to that high a degree, I'd say it would be less of a case of you 'making' them fall down and more of a case of them falling down.

18. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

If you want no touch fighting skills get a gun or a crossbow or something and save a lot of time and money. As for waving your hands and watching people fall over . . . Lol ! ! !

I am more than willing to let any no touch 'master' prove their system to me, would quite like to replicate that video with the MMA fighter :)

19. rne02

rne02 Valued Member

Unless you're for Obi-Wan Kenobi, I wouldn't waste much time on it.

20. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Voodoo ! Martial voodoo ! I'm all for martial voodoo if we get to poke things with needles and talk in jamacan accents :)