Interesting Clip: TCC vs Shuai jiao

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by tccstudent, Feb 23, 2006.

1. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

Sorry, I don't understand that post at all, or it's relationship to my statement. Would you care to elaborate?

2. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

It is easy to adapt it to Chinese Wrestling. I think it is a good way to learn the more safe techniques, such as Step Back Repulse Monkey or White Crane Spreads its Wings. After all, you will land yourself in a lot of trouble if you cave in someones knee and dislocate their elbow in a fight.

As long as you keep the snapping and the ruining of the **** at the core of your Tai Chi, I see no problem with it.

3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

I think he is saying that Tai Chi isn't as far away from Judo as you might think in principles. Although I don't think he knows that you are one of the most experienced, if not the most, chaps on our little forum.

4. dimmak

dimmak Banned Banned

Wow!!! Those guys really sucked.

5. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

Thanks... now I think I understand! I agree, that's why I said BAD Judo! :)

6. dimmak

dimmak Banned Banned

What were the rules or limitations in that grappling match?

7. MartialArtN00b

MartialArtN00b New Member

Well, while we are on the level.

And also since i didnt know that you are the most experienced player here, so i venture to ask would good judo represent good tcc?

8. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Bedtime time story

@ VR

hey buddy I didn't mean it to sound wierd really..
    Thought your chat with lio was interesting - I have a bad habit of butting in sometimes..

Anyway to answer your question . no, I wasn't referring to wuji.

@Brido

Good work there .

Now mind this gap Brido please I don't want you to fall into my silly tricks like some gullible lot in philosophy.. good advice then to watch your step regards the London Underground. stillness then.

So what of the other?

readiness?

hmm... maybe :D

readiness would fall under the auspices of 'movement of mind'.

then you have yin & yang & all the rest & Those darned 10 whatever things they were.

nite nite.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2006
  9. steve Rowe

steve Rowe Valued Member

At it's highest level any good martial art would represent the same ideas and principles. When you think about it - we all only have 2 arms and legs etc and will 'broaden' our outlook as we go along, so in the end we are bound to finish in a very similar place.

When I learned some 'old judo' kata's it felt just the same as taiji.

I teach the same 8 principles in both my taiji and karate.

10. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Kinda dissapointed the shuai jiao fighter didn't use any black hand techniques to strike the TJQ player.