Interclub Video

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Pretty In Pink, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Done an interclub, here's the video:

Morik, hewho, Fish Of Doom and 5 others like this.
  2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Nice vid, thanks for sharing - Not sure it was necessary for him to rut you from behind though! (1m 30s)

Travess

axelb likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Yeah I lost my temper a little after that which is of course why he done it. :/

axelb and Travess like this.
  4. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

It's perfectly understandable that it got to you the way it did, but you seem to have recognised your reaction when it happened, which may at least help you respond more calmly if you are faced with it again.

Travess

5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

that mocking from the rear was out of order, it's an intercomp not a title fight on TV; Nice job for keeping your cool, you looked calm and controlled throughout that.

what was the matchup based on? It looked like your opponent was heavier and had lighter gloves than you?

6. Pretty In Pink

Yeah but ah well, I'll get him next time xD

Just weight and experience really. I told the register I'd fought MMA 9 times and kickboxing once and they put me in with this guy. He was excellent to spar with. I watched him go much harder with a younger guy and they were wearing elbow pads! Very exciting to watch.

axelb likes this.
  7. dbl0

dbl0 Member

You kept your composure well there as your opponent was consistently heavier in contact, not sure I would have kept as calm as you.

Nice video though thanks for sharing.

8. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

While I respect your composure and general control I think you gave him a little too much respect, to the point where (as a fighter with 10+ fights to your name) you didn't get as much out of that experience as you could of have done, honestly.

You had a longer range but didn't use it to the best of your ability. At times it looked like you didn't want to hit him, as if he was made of glass. This gave him too much space to hold reign.

You left a lot of strikes unanswered (from a scoring perspective). You let him chip away with petty strikes and didn't really do much when you had the advantage (catches or blocks).

For me I would have liked to see you move forward more and ramp up the pressure more. You're both experienced fighters, you can both handle it.

I think you are a good fighter, and you should make sure other people feel that too. Don't let them think otherwise, interclub or not. You don't need to be that guy, but you can certainly push other fighters a bit harder, otherwise you will both get nothing out of it otherwise.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Thomas and Pretty In Pink like this.
  9. Pretty In Pink

All quite true. The unanswered petty shots thing resonates with me and it is surprisingly difficult. I was only really informed that basically "person who gets the last word in gets the point" as a general rule of thumb on the way.

As for what I got out of it... Well I got a lot out of it I feel. If we had smashed each other I think I'd have got less to improve on. I think in hindsight a bit more power would have been better though.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That guy was a disrespectful tool and i cheered when you caught his kick and saenchai'd him on his butt.

Pretty In Pink and axelb like this.
  11. Pretty In Pink

Yeah but I didn't do much other than that. Pretty much lost every round. Got me interested in taking a Thai fight though!

12. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

You don’t need to smash each other up. Piling on more pressure and coming forward more, landing more strikes, landing strikes that force a more significant reaction to help you setup combinations, and giving him more to think about, doesn’t equate to going all out and hitting him as hard as you can.

13. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

Don't you think there might have been a misunderstanding? That rut was probably just to indicate to you to stop and move forward as he was against the ropes...or maybe he was just trying to be funny and not being too serious?? Everything else about his behavior looked ok to me.

14. Pretty In Pink

Nah it was definitely to wind me up. My corner said as much. "He did it to make you mad, don't fall for it".

axelb likes this.
  15. EdiSco

EdiSco Likes his anonymity

Is this taking place at Hanuman Thai Edinburgh?

16. Pretty In Pink

Nah it was through in Glasgow. The coach of Hanuman was in my corner though, because he trains BJJ with us ^^

EdiSco likes this.
  17. Pretty In Pink

Another interclub. 2 minute rounds, 30 seconds rest.

Mushroom, axelb, Mitch and 1 other person like this.
  18. Pretty In Pink

19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Worlds tallest kip up.

Mitch and Pretty In Pink like this.
  20. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

The bit at 3:55 was really really slick.

axelb and Pretty In Pink like this.