Inosanto / Lacoste connection

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by DeeTee, Sep 18, 2003.

1. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Valued Member

Grammar

You say gelato, and I say gelato...

2. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

still misinformed I see. Ok, allow me to enlighten you. Of course FMA is used to kill people. That was and is its intended purpose. And yes I would surmise that some of the GMs may have killed people. I read of one head of a style allegedly using his skills for union busting. I think a number of GMs used their skills against the Japanese during WWII, as assasins, and we're very good at that :)

But gangsters using FMA to kill people and that's what made it unpopular in the Philippines? Who told you this drivel? That's such a huge and false conclusion that it makes me wonder what else you've been told.

I strongly suggest that you mention your idea on FMA history to Guro Jun De Leon of Kali De Leon in Toronto or to Tuhon Gaje of Pekiti Tirsia. :rolleyes: :D

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

hey buddy, the kid's still young. why would youwant him to end his life by doing something like that? j/k.

jkdknifer, i suggest you think about it. kali is not a beautiful and graceful art? maybe your kali my dear boy is ugly, but not ours. have you ever seen guro jun de leon move? have you ever seen tha grand tuhon leo gaje, jr. move? kali can kill but to use a general statement that kalistas are killers and gangsters is not true. gangsters here in this country do not use kali. they use gunkata! :woo: :woo: :woo: salvaging for sale! anyone?

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Having trained Tai Chi with Bill Kerr in Stirling I thought it should have read

kali is not a beautiful graceful art, like tai chi its purpose is to kill... ;)

5. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

jkdKNIFER,

Look, since you're sorta new here, I think it's important to point out that both Shooto and Juri both LIVE in the Phillipines. And the Guro's they train under are extremely highly regarded within the FMA communities. They are studying with the best of the best. Period. No question.

Basically, they are speaking from an EXTREME position of expertise. You're of course entitled to your opinions, but understand why we will call you on them. Quite frankly there are others on the board with far more first hand experience than hearsay.

- Matt

6. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

You young fool.

I thought my spelling was crap but boy o boy. HEY YOUNG BOY wake up and smell the roses, you are obviously too young and too stupid to know real FMA from the the dribble you have been fed. Firstly who are these GM's that are killers and Gangsters, I have not met any of them, and let me tell you I have met more than a few. And secondly, when was the last time YOU were in the Philippines???

I think NEVER so do us all a favour, either have something constructive to say, or ask a question on a subject you know nothing about like "THE FILIPINO MARTIAL ARTS AND IT'S HISTORY" or jus go back to Disney land and talk to your freinds.

In otherwords, Talk sense or dont talk at all.

Good luck in you search for the REAL truth

Pat O'Malley :yeleyes:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2004
  7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Come on Pat - don't beat around the bush. Tell us what you think :D

8. Pat OMalley

oops!!!

Sorry mate, but you know me, I just keep on putting my big size 10 in my every so small and quiet mouth? ;)

But then again I am sure a few of have really wnated to say something along those lines, or is it just me :confused:

9. YODA

I agree with every word mate :D

10. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I think we should ban Pat for losing his rag. :D

11. YODA

Losing it? Pat never had one - right Pat? :Angel:

12. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I meant his copy of 'Combat' of course. :Angel:

13. shootodog

took the words right out of my mouth! cheers pat!

jkdknifer, for the benefit of those studying a lesser kali than you, who is your guro? please reply since some of us might be joining the gt for his west coast seminars.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  14. david f

david f New Member

Pat,

I am glad that you came out and stated what should have been stated from the start.You still dont beat around the bust Pat!

jkdknifer is obviously either a youngster who has no grasp on the real martial art that we are studying or simply someone who takes whatever he is taught as gospel.

15. shootodog

have pulled some strings and God willing, the tape in question will be in my possession quite soon.

brother teacher diego_vega: bring some sisig, i'll provide the cerveza. this should be interesting.

brother jur: will pm you if and when it gets here.

really, you could train on any tropical island and it would look like the pinas. unless i see jeepnees and san miguel beer (or ginebra san miguel gin), i won't believe it.

ps. jkdknifer: who is your guro?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  16. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

To JKDknifer

For whipping the forum into such a frenzy with just a scant 15 posts on MAP I hereby bestow on you the title of

Attached Files:

17. Pat OMalley

Argh!!!!

I never lose it, well maybe never, or is it sometimes??

Oh sod it "ARGH LET ME AT HIM". Oops, sorry I mean, lets talk about this in a calm and cool manner.

God I must be getting softer in my old age.

Please, don't take away my copy of Combat, what will I do. :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

18. YODA

Ermmmm..... Andrex Bog Roll?

19. deCadena

deCadena New Member

Let me take a whack at it. In any art particularly in FMA, it would be inevitable to have some bad eggs. Truth be told maybe some of them are really gangsters but with the usage of a generalizing statement is erroneous. Consequently, people here are a quick to defend which is of course admirable. If you would come down here in the PI and do say the statements you have written down I believe the GMs won't be angered at any of them but once you start weilding your weapon at their sight it's a totally different scenario. This simply means that Master's of the system are action oriented and not tongue absorbed...

You have the yakuzas and i believe that some of them do have training in japanese arts of combat. Do we dare to generalize?

Tone down a bit. Let's learn.

cheers!!!

20. jkdKNIFER

jkdKNIFER New Member

you guys are hilarious, i know what i know, my guro? why do you care buddy?
    getting all mad like little girls...ha ha ha ha ha :love: you guys think that FMA is a gracious and honorable art? its a art that uses swords, knives to be-head people, and read your history buddy...FMA has only been used to kill...not for competition,
    i'm not saying that GT gaje is a gangster, but he definitely is a killer...many other FMA GM are killers and were involved in not so nice things...
    say what you like about me...i know the facts, deep down inside you love me! :Angel: