Inner power and superhuman abilities

Discussion in 'Silat' started by haidarfarhan, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Way to miss the point

I cannot replicate a 500lbs bench press, but I can witness it being performed under controlled conditions

2. haidarfarhan

haidarfarhan Valued Member

is that the test of science ? or just obstacles to make someone fail ? you miss the point of proving method

3. Hannibal

Emphasis mine - your rep agreed to the protocol and only objected AFTER they failed; a cowards excuse and a liars rationale

4. Hannibal

Seriously just stop talking - you have shown consistently you have ZERO idea of what a properly conducted testing protocol involves

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

No I don't. This is the way that belief works: The person making the unbelievable claim is the one responsible for proving beyond a doubt that it's true. So, if the MP folks felt this test was unfair and that Randi essentially cheated, you'd think it would be in their best interest to establish a more fair, impartial experiment.

Unbiased observers would see it's true. MP folks would be vindicated. Everyone wins.

Makes you wonder why they haven't gone ahead and done that.

6. haidarfarhan

I want to ask you, what are we talking about now JREF test or Science test?

1. JREF test, is a test to successfully win a million dollar prize, with under control of Randi
    2. Science test is process involves making conjectures (hypotheses), deriving predictions from them as logical consequences, and then carrying out experiments based on Reviews those predictions to Determine Whether the original conjecture was correct.

and MP participant tested once again in the ophthalmology University of Utah. The result succeeded 100%

7. Hannibal

They are the same thing

The reason Randi is 9/10 a better test than the actual scientific protocol is that he is an "honest liar" and knows how frauds - like your representative - operate

Targ/Puthoff were a prime example of how blind people can be

What protocols were UofU?

8. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Source please.

9. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

If how a physical feat works cannot be learned by science, it is by definition "supernatural" or "magic" (and fake) and not just "human potential." Because if you're actually just using "human potential," to sense the location and color (?!) of objects without using input from your eyeballs, which senses are detecting it and how should be easy to test and learn through scientific process. Science can completely explain how bats and dolphins use echolocation, so if the human brain and body was capable of a similar process, science should be able to detect it similarly easily.

10. haidarfarhan

and why james randi make the blind one of MPs student cannot participate ?

whether because he did not have a way to make him fail ?
    thats funny

11. haidarfarhan

soon, i already send e-mail to get the source

just wait

12. Hannibal

How is a color detection that does not rely on sight affected by removal of sight?

That assumes I believe that a wet wipe makes the eyes sting - which it doesn't btw

Why have you failed spectacularly to answer any of the perinent questions directed at you?

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

And if, by some chance, you have happened on a way of detecting the colour of something without seeing it...what's the combative application of that skill?
    Why is it part of a martial art tradition or style?
    Let's say I come to you guys and learn this skill how does that further my desire not to be sucker punched in the street or lose a fight to some drunken buffoon?

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

So let's see some details on this second experiment in Utah. Who conducted it? Where are the results?

Here's the thing: If a legitimate lab conducted a research experiment that established the existence of a previously unpublished phenomenon like the one you describe, that lab would be out of its collective mind not to publish papers on it. So where are those papers? Can you link to those?

15. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Let him talk. He has the right to express his views, to his own advantage or detriment. Clearly, I believe that, in this case, it's to his detriment. But it's his right all the same.

16. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Taking the thread title at face value, it will allow you to vault from building to building with parkour, dodge bullets, and survive catastrophic internal injuries simply by having a nurse suture your skin closed in the comfort of your own apartment.

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Unless your eyes are irritated

18. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Proof is for alcohol.

Science does not prove or disprove propositions, it supports or does not support them.

19. Hannibal

JREF already did it for me and MP failed miserably...because it is fraudulent

20. Hannibal

No it means from an objective standpoint a group of liars and frauds were exposed when they cannot replicate their oarlor trick

My mouth IS pretty big, but that is because it spends a lot of time laughing at apologetics for liars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.