Inner power and superhuman abilities

Discussion in 'Silat' started by haidarfarhan, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Same steaming crap, different shovel

Knee Rider likes this.
  2. Monchu

Monchu New Member

Mike and Nate from MP USA, they are remarkably dedicated promoting MP in the US. What they are doing at the moment is working with doctors and the blinds in this program. From there now we can get the opinion from doctors and blinds people about the vibra vision program.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

What doctors and which blind associations?

I'll contact them directly.

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Are you saying MP is a hoax, or that the test was a hoax?

Your next statements contradict each other, this is why you've come accross poorly.

5. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Colour me amazed.

Well that is a lot of money for something that has failed objective testing and which you admit is...

By reducing the brazen greed of their deception and...

Implementing the advice to market it in a similar fashion yoga to distance itself from the ridiculous fraudulent claims and reduce the amount of negative attention from others... All while peddling the same lies.

Your challenge is to prove it exists not to provide an explanation or to describe it.

This is ridiculous and stands on its own as tired rhetoric and observable fallacy.

Your whole post is essentially a description of how you will turn a confirmed hoax into a functioning business model after its debunking and a failed attempt to keep the organisation shielded from ridicule.

Normally I'd say each to their own but in this instance I say 'humbug'.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Now that's a bargain....where's my cheque book!?!

7. Monchu

Monchu New Member

I don't know them. I only watch the story from the vibravision youtube channel. I google it for you:

You can contact Michael Armstrong at his facebook page. He is the blind man in the previous video and Sensei at Blind Tiger Martial Arts Academy

And Dr. Jonathan Boster, OD Optometry from this page link.

8. taoizt

taoizt Valued Member

Well then, at least we are having a more normal discussion now. Instead of constantly calling people frauds, liars etc.

I did see some very dubious and wild claims by Merpati Putih so that doesn't help.

However some people also call stuff like 'acupuncture, yoga, shiatsu, chi kung' etc bogus and fake stuff that doesn't work because there is no scientific proof, even though it's been around for hundreds or thousands of years and have actually healed people with it. The funny thing is, often the western medicine is on one side of the scale whilst eastern medicine used to be on the other end of the scale. Perhaps some useful stuff can be learned from both sides. Luckily there are people that are willing to look at things from a different perspective. Not by blindly following it, but by reasoning, by experimenting. To a certain degree Western science has also become a religion, in that people are fanatic to defend the current state of knowledge. That they know how things work and can prove it......that is....unless someone comes around and proves otherwise.

From a martial point of view, i'm not too sure i'm a fan of Merpati Putih, but that doesn't matter, it is Silat and they have an Indonesian background. Indonesian culture is filled with mysticism and the type of knowledge like in Merpati Putih, Chi Kung etc.., which we know little of in the west and tend to dismiss all as bs. Just because we live in the USA or another western country. Well I think we still have a looooooot to learn from eachother.

9. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Every experiment is a test. If you fail that test, well, you fail that test. The only person who confuses science and religion is someone who doesn't understand either.

Dead_pool and Knee Rider like this.
  10. Knee Rider

MPs claims don't need to be explained by science or understood within the framework of any one particular model. They simply need to replicate the results under controlled conditions.

Dan93 and Dead_pool like this.
  11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Here we go...

acupuncture = bogus
    Yoga = good for stretching the body and staying mobile but no more effective than other sorts of regular movement and exercise
    shiatsu = bogus
    chi-kung = bogus

You're basically making an appeal to antiquity and appeal to popularity (they've been around for years and loads of people like them!).
    Here's the thing...without double blind placebo controlled trials ancient man had no consistent way of determining if "something" worked or not. It's very hit and miss. Some hits and a LOT of misses.

Willow bark for pain relief = good
    Blood letting to balance the humours = bad

12. Monchu

Monchu New Member

Hi, Admins of this forum,

I'm looking for the unsubscribed link in this forum and couldn't find it. Could you please remove my account?

If I'm young, I'm happy to stay arguing the pro-cons on this thread. However, next year I will be 63 yrs old. What I want is a happy life, stay healthy, active in martial arts and riding my bike on the weekend. :)

Taoizt, nice to meet you. You're an open-minded person, good on you.

Cheers.

13. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I really, really, really wish acupuncture would die.

Smitfire and Dead_pool like this.
  14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

IIRC Yoga was about the only thing that's in the alternative medicine camp that came out with anything like a thumbs up in this book...

Trick or Treatment

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Knee Rider

16. Dead_pool

This is an excellent video!

17. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Sorry but we don't remove accounts, which is clearly stated on the ToS.

If you don't want to post then that is your call.

I can show your account as moved on, but it won't be deleted.

I will be contacting the people whose links you gave me and voicing my concerns regarding your women's self defence programme.

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  18. Monchu

Monchu New Member

Hi Simon,

I have read clauses under Section 2: User Accounts and printed the Term of Service, but I couldn't find any clause mentioned the subject of Unsubscribe, Cancel an Account or Delete an Account.

Could you point the clause that stated the policy of the account cancellation?

Thanks

19. Dead_pool

Have you tried using Vibravision on the TOS.... ...

Smitfire likes this.
  20. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

The policy is simple: when you no longer wish to post here, just log out and leave. The stuff that you have posted is now part of the site, so that's not going anywhere, especially as it is very much in the public interest to be able to research claims made by organisations they are considering joining.

No-one forces members here to participate in discussions, so when you no longer wish to discuss you don't need to delete your account, you just need to walk away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.