Injury to my sacroliac joint. Would also like some other advice

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by furinkazan, Dec 18, 2014.

1. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

so for the last while ive been feeling some serious tension in my hips and lower back, to the point i cant lie down or kick without discomfort. Turns out its the sacroliac joint being aggrovated by overly tense muscles. Im currently in physio, but they think its going to be several weeks before I can do any real physical activity. The muscles have caused additional problems by trapping my sciatic nerve (so I have some saiatic type symptoms). While Im happy this can be fixed, that means no exercise besides gentle walking every now and then.

Thing is Im used to being very active. Training multiple times a week, weightlifting, swimming. Im usually quite energetic, so I dont know what to do with all this spare energy. After managing some binge watches on tv, I'd like some suggestions on what I could do to spend some more energy (I dont sleep well unless I exercise).

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

what does your physio recommend? honestly we (MAPpers) arent qualified to give you any suggestions compared to your physio

usually persistent sciatica type symptoms with sacro-illiac joint injuries will end up with a therapeutic joint injection if it doesnt get any better

maybe has your physio about yoga or cycling?

3. Kurai

Kurai Valued Member

furinkazan...How was it diagnosed? I'm working through a sciatic issue and have an MRI scheduled for later in the month.

4. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

its less actually sciatica, its more the injury is causing similar symptoms. If we can free off the muscles it could very well return to normal. There arent any major injuries or things like fractures, so if its treated now, i might be able to avoid injections. She thinks it'll be weeks of physio and chiropractic treatment.

My posture is the most likely cause. My job requires me to sit for hours on end without moving, which isnt good for my back at all. Then factor in I study as well and thats a big contributor.

Yoga and cycling are both off the table because of the muscles around my pelvis and lower back. Im quite literally going to be doing very little of anything for a bit

5. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

Id been getting nagging back pain when lying down, and after numerous physical checks one doctor did an examination and found the highest area of pain was on the left sacroliac joint (there was also a lot of muscle knots, contributing to swelling and pain).

Then I was reffered on