Infestilog #01

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Infesticon #1, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I asked him at training tonight and he said that he did get tested once at the takai (could be the wrong word, that's what it sounded like) and due to a mix up he was the only one being graded. That was sometime in 2010.

Training was good tonight.
    I think I have got quite a good idea on Ippon dori now and am starting to learn sotogawa.

2. Kobudo

Kobudo Valued Member

I thought so, I did meet him there, think you'll get some good training, shame not still Genbukan or I'd try to arrange a visit!!

Sotogawa?

3. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I am still pretty new to this. It's very similar to o soto gari? I had a look for my training handbook to get the correct name but I can't find it.

4. Kobudo

Kobudo Valued Member

Is it Sotowa? There are so many different names for the same things I get lost!!

5. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Yeah it could have been Sotowa. I have a tendency to over complicate things

6. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Passed my first grading!

Apparently the next grading is the hardest. I have a couple of months to prepare though, my fitness level should be much higher by then.

7. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Training has been good this week. We may start having 2 kenjutsu sessions a month now, I like that.

The technique was Sotowa. I can now do four Ippon Dori kata and four Sotowa kata. Still need to improve my flow but I feel I have a good grasp of what to do and how to do it.

Quite nervous about going to the SIM day on Saturday. But I am looking forward to it.

8. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Sim day was good.

Didn't train for a while (since the sim day)
    Went back today. New dojo is really cool. Definitely have the 4 Ippon dori and 4 Sotowa kata in my head. Far from perfect obviously. Did some interesting stuff in Randori, including a particularly nasty throw that you can't use your hands to break fall from. Did a couple of Shio nage variations and learnt my first wrist lock. Got a reasonable grasp of it but obviously have a lot of tweaks to make.

9. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Good training tonight. My first bit of Hontai Takagi Yoshin Ryu and then some more kata work. Two more kata to learn for my next grading.

10. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Good session tonight. Some more Hontai Takagi Yoshin Ryu, kata work and then Kenjutsu.
    Kenjutsu was particularly gruelling, my fitness level really showed as I could barely do the movements by the 5th set of 10. It was good though, only way to improve is to try to keep going, I can do with the exercise.

11. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Good training tonight. More self defence orientated for the first hour, learnt a takedown that seemed very effective to me.

Learned my next kata, got a couple of practices in. One more to learn and a lot more practice to get it all up to standard.

12. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Good training at TKD tonight. Very exhausting for me, I tried training in my dobokbut had to switch to just a T Shirt. Did my first breaks ever which was cool. Worked on Chon Ji and 1 step sparring. Will go to both sessions next week and hopefully be able to grade on the Friday. Which will mean I'll be able to start sparring again, which should also really help my fitness level improve.

13. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Good session tonight. Learnt some more Hontai Takagi Yoshin Ryu and did a lot of kihon waza. More leg strengthening techniques and exercises. Learnt my last kata for the grading, just have to drill them all now and correct any mistakes I've accumulated.

14. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Good TKD session tonight, ready for my grading tomorrow. Did 4 two minute rounds of no contact sparring. Very exhausting.

15. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Good stuff dude :D.

Best of luck for tomorrow :)

16. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Thank you.

17. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

No phone call from the TKD instructor to tell me I didn't pass. So I must have passed! TKD yellow belt. Dan Gun and semi contact sparring here I come.

18. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Well done ..onwards and upwards ..

19. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Good training this week. Picked Dan Gun up very quickly, some of the moves are a bit different but it's basically the same. Didn't feel well enough to train at jujutsu but I went to class and watched, think I still learnt some things.

20. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

We need more people like you who do things like this in my eyes, respect dude :)

Also, congrats on the grading pass :)