Independents

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Kobudo, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Where?

I don't recall it being listed.

So rather than playing silly buggers with people why don't you either just answer the question or flat out refuse.

If you know which threads this had been mentioned then list them.

2. Sandstorm:RS

Sandstorm:RS Valued Member

Excuse my obvious ignorance here, but could anyone tell me if the word Ninjutsu is indeed a legitimate Japanese word?? If we refer to the many texts that have been written regarding this subject the words Ninpo, Shinobi, and even Kusa are used to describe what we call/know/term as ninjutsu. Now I would be the first to admit that I am not fluent in Japanese and only understand a few choice words and phrases which I managed to pick up during brief visits to hombu so would appreciate any information regarding the above question.

Regards

R

3. george rodger

george rodger Valued Member

Gary.
    "Discussed" being the operative word.In the way it is being discussed now.
    From memory ,the best we cound establish was that he was a Indonesian teenage boy with an internet link.

Martial Arts (TMA)is almost becoming an intellectual pursuit rather than a fighting method.
    The hierarchy are generally middle class "Beta" males .The cost alone of trips to Japan in order to reach 15th Dan(still makes me smile)is prohibitive for most.Combine this with the fact that most of them,well lets say don't have much fighting spirit,and if your goal is more "real self defence" (for want of a better description).Then you are left with littl
    e alternative.Even if you believe in the general tiajutsu movement,it does not mean you have to stick with a "kan"to further the skills you see as relevant .Rather than those seen as relevant to an aged Japanese man and his disciples.
    I would have been happy to join either Sandstorm's group or indeed Gary's, if they would have had me.Had that have been an alternative when I left.But it was not ,so I independent it was.

PS sorry I am painting sweeping strokes with my wide brush again.I know I know.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  4. Sandstorm:RS

Yes, Dean is quite right Reality-Please, this would enable all to have some understanding about your training and subsequent knowledge.

We're not asking you to reveal your name, DOB, or anything.

Regards

R

5. Sandstorm:RS

I love your eloquent choice of answer George. Good one mate!

Regards

R

6. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

I don't know what playing silly buggers is but don't think I have ever played it. My background has been discussed several times on MAP on different threads, whether or not you recall it. I also stated a bit about my background on this thread.

ps-I believe some of the threads were participated in by our own George Rodgers. He might be getting senile if he can't remember any of the more relevent details.

7. george rodger

I am a "superhero" of an evening and" he"(that's my alter-ego) has the highest rank in every Martial Art ever invented.He was trained by The Batman .
    Prove me wrong if you can?

8. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Your background has been asked about but I don't recall you giving any clear answers.

So for the sake of the new guys and us with senility could you either please answer the question or refuse to, that way at least people won't waste their time looking through threads for something that might not be there.

As it is you are dancing around the issue, if you've answered before you shouldn't have a problem doing so again.

9. Sandstorm:RS

Reality-Please, I am new to MAP so have not been privileged to have shared that information on another thread so would you be willing to drop me a PM for MY reference please??

Regards

R

10. Please reality

Excuses, excuses. This after you had done so well in the other thread about admitting what kind of teacher you were... I guess we are digressing.

11. Please reality

How about you drop me a PM(which you could have done from the beginning of all this btw) with any questions you have and I will PM you back. I won't even charge you for the kuden.

12. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Earth to RP Oh im listening and what yoy are saying is narrow minded rubbish. If someone who is not in Japan and not Japanese has reached the level where they can pass on the information then I see no reason why his/her students cant GET IT.

13. george rodger

How do you do that "thick italic" thingy.?

14. Please reality

Yawn,:zzz: oh well. Here we go again.

In the Bujinkan have been training with one of Hatsumi sensei's shihan in Japan for 10 years, though I also trained in the art in the US for a long time in my youth as well. I have studied other traditional arts as well as modern ones. Done security work in the US and Japan. I have also competed in martial arts competitions.

ps-almost forgot, yes I have passed my godan.

15. Sandstorm:RS

Done!

16. george rodger

No he does not "get it" and he never will.Best not to get into it with him.:cool:

17. Sandstorm:RS

Its a Kuden thing George!! Ha,ha.

regards

R

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Goerge, when you reply to a thread click on the "go advanced" icon. This brings up a larger reply box with further options.

Highlight the text you want to make bold and italic, then click on the B & I symbol at the top of the text box.

You will see these icons at each end of the text .

Hope that makes sense.

19. Sandstorm:RS

Thanks for that!

20. george rodger

AND I

george rodger

I am a "superhero" of an evening and" he"(that's my alter-ego) has the highest rank in every Martial Art ever invented.He was trained by The Batman .
    Prove me wrong if you can?

See where I am going with this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.