In Search of Martial Arts Gear, PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chazz, May 2, 2005.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Hey my MAP family. Most of you know about my new TKD school. It will be 3 months old on May/4/05. Right now we are still so small that i dont make enough to pay rent on my building or for the power, so it goes with out saying that we dont have much either.

What im looking for is any of you students or instructors that have old used sparring gear in any size and in any condition, new or use uniforms, gear bags, weapons, kicking targets, focus mits, or any thing martial arts related items that you will be willing to donate i would be more than willing to pay for shipping if you would like. Those of you that know me know that anything i get will not be used to be resold but will either be used for the school or given to the student that truly cant afford it and i have quite a few of them.

If you all can help in any way please either reply on here or email me at locodesigner@yahoo.com or contact me on one of my Instant messengers.
    You would not only be helping a small school get a big start but will help its students.

Thanks so much
    Chazz

2. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

3. Chazz

thanks. Yeah ive gotten gear from there but right now i cant even afford the rent for my building so buying everything cant be done for a while.

thanks for the post

4. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Chazz, let me see what my boys have grown out of okay. I may have some stuff....

5. Chazz

Kwajman, Thanks your awsome! :D

6. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Sent you a PM

7. Chazz

Thanks bro. You are a huge help. More than you will know. This proves that all martial artist are just one huge family and not only are you a brother in MA but a bother black belt. Take care and again thanks!

8. Chazz

Pacificshore
    Yo brother, thanks agian. I got your package in the mail today. Thanks
    so much. I know of a few students that will go nuts for some of it.

Im still lookin for other stuff all you MAPers. It dont matter the condition and i will even pay shipping if its something that you dont use or need any more.

9. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

Chazz, a friend of mine in the states has a pair of small hand wraps (too small for competition, but better than nothing, I think they're 120s) and two 14 oz. gloves. He's been looking to get rid of them since he got his 16s and his larger wraps. You might ask him, if you'd like you can PM me and I get you his contact information if those would be of any use to you.

10. Chazz

Hey Liao
    Thanks for the info and thanks for telling him to contact me. Im talking to him now. Like you said ANYthing will do. Im not picky at all!!! Again thanks for the help!!

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Hey Chazz,

I'm visiting my parents this week. I've got some old stuff from my taekwondo days stored there. I'll see what I can drum up for you. Dig?

Stuart

12. Chazz

Thanks bro. It would be put to good use.

13. JiuJitsu500

JiuJitsu500 Valued Member

how about

www.martialartssupply.com

it's good.

I'm not a TKD guy, only wrestling, BJJ, boxing and thai boxing, so i can't tell you how good the pads are, but the gi's for BJJ and gloves for NHB are very nice, I'd trust them.

good prices too, but see if ap has anythign first, if not, i'd go here.

14. Chazz

JiuJitsu500

thanks, i will look into them. I buy a lot of gear and unifoms for all over. RIght now im just looking to see if people have anything that they wouldnt mind getting rid of or donating. If money wassnt so tight i would have got all new gear for them but you know how that goes.

15. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hey Chazz! .... glad to hear the school is up and running and lets hope more of our MAP members can help you & your students!

I found more than a few things while doing my spring cleaning.... I'll toss them in a box and send them off.

I'm also checking with our school's owner to see if there is any used older equipment that he can donate to you also.

Leave details by pm to me! :)

16. Chazz

WOW thanks Deb. I always know i can count on you for help. So thanks so much. Yeah i hope our MAPers can find a way to help. There are a few that have helped so much so far and ide hug them all if i could. Thanks to all of you so far.

17. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Could we set up something through paypal?

18. Chazz

What do you mean??

19. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Well there may be people here that would like to help but dont have spare gear and would like to donate money.

20. Chazz

I guess that could be done. I just didnt want to ask people for money. The reason i asked for unwanted gear was to help people get rid of what they dont want plus help my school. but i guess it could be done.