Improving one's life through Ninpo

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Sandninjer, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Greetings and Ninpo Ikkan,

Has Ninpo improved any aspects of your life? How? It can be anything, whether it's socially, professionally, physically, emotionally, spiritually or even kickbutt'ally.

2. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

I asked a fairly well-known Japan resident that question once. He replied "you shouldn't be asking me that while I'm smoking".

3. EWBell

EWBell Valued Member

I would say for me that my awareness of my surroundings improved, and I tend to be calmer in stress situations. Part of it could be just "older and wiser" as well.

4. stephenk

stephenk Valued Member

My life, having never met my teacher and began training in the Bujinkan, would be unrecognisable to the me of here and now.

Seriously. I am a completely different person that I would have been. My training in the Bujinkan is one of the supports in the foundation of the life I've built; there are other things that are important as well and they form an interdependent web and support my training themselves as my training supports them, but the training is a vital component.

5. Kobudo

Kobudo Valued Member

Ninpo specifically - no, martial arts in general - absolutely!!

I don't think I'd have been as successful in my career without my martial arts training, I am a calmer, more confident person, this helps me conduct myself well in interviews, and a wholesome extra curricular activity always helps, I can also handle many people management situations well because of my calmness.

Other than that, I'm not very sporty, I don't like football, rugby, tennis, etc, and I get bored quickly in the gym, so my training has given me a level of fitness I would certainly not have if it weren't for martial arts.

My training has also given me a lifelong interest that can never run out

6. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

Agree 100%. We all like different arts for diffferent reasons.
    However, people who whine about 'teh ninj' giving a spiritual dimension to their life which can only be found through ninjing, is suffering from black pajama delusion.

7. Phronetic

Phronetic Valued Member

Well... LARPing with your buddies in the woods gives a new meaning to friends with benefits.

8. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Not many arts you can sit naked in a sweat lodge with chums and then play ring toss with a kyokesu shoge ! And call it a good weekends training.
    ( eyebrows raise everywhere and 'yellow card' sales increase ten fold):D

9. Bujin_Budoka

Bujin_Budoka Valued Member

It has changed the way I look at my training. I no longer look to learn a technique but to understand why it works. The mechanics have more meaning to me now. Not to mention my concept of distance and angles has grown to a thing I'm more aware of now. So far that is my experience of how ninpo has helped my lifes journey.