I'm rich!!!!

Discussion in 'Judo' started by FortuneFaded, Jun 18, 2004.

1. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

¬.¬ ok i'm not rich i have 27pence in the bank...

I was just curious is it possible to become 'rich' (i know ppl can say 'well whats rich?' etc) but i'm wondering if you can become rich from doing judo, i.e get endorsments and sponsored, ya know like david beckam and football. Its not that i want to get rich from it, was jus' damn curious...

Thanks!

2. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

you can apparently be quite wealthy from doinf MA tournaments but you do have to be very good and if you get injured then you're somewhat stuck for finance.

3. FortuneFaded

do you know of anything judoka's who are rich from doing their judo and is 'judoka' the correct word?

4. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Well Neil Adams is pretty well off from being a World Champ, he's got his own full-time school, a range of books and videos and a deal with BBC to commentate Judo matches.

5. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

The problem is that it must be a hugely competative market. There are only but a handful of people who have managed to make in the fieild.

6. Captain_Coward

Captain_Coward Ne-Waza Worm

Big time Judokas in Japan are treated much like celebrities here, however there is not the fan base in Britain or the US so unless you were truly a master, winning multiple world championships or something it is unlikely you would be amazingly well off.
    Not to say there isn't money there, just not as much unless you're Japanese.

K

7. FortuneFaded

Mhhh maybe if i mvoe to japan... :D

Oh and the small minor detail of actually being good at judo, you know get a black belt, i aint that far away, i'm a white belt ¬.¬

8. Adam

Adam New Member

Wanna make big bucks doing martial arts? Fight in K-1 or Pride, or become a pro boxer or WWF rassler. Not much moolah to be made anywhere else that I'm aware of.

9. FortuneFaded

Naaah i don't really want to make money out of judo, i love doing judo and well, if someone wants to pay me to do it, hehehe, they can.

I'm all about the judo *cries* my judo club is closing down next week, my last lesson too.

10. moogong

moogong Valued Member

Mike Swain is pretty popular. I'm sure between his endorsements and teaching, he does quite well. I think the first step would be making a name for yourself on the tournament scene and with demonstrations. From there, find a company that wants you to represent them like Team Paul Mitchell.