I'm a dad :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by d0ugbug, Aug 15, 2009.

1. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

AWESOME!!! :D :ban::ban::ban: :p

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You're going to ban him due to breeding?

3. KingNoodle

KingNoodle Back In Black

Congrats D

4. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

There was a point where some people did think that it would be a crime for me to do that, luckily I moved out of the vallyes lol!

5. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Congratulations to you all DB, I hope the missus recovers well. 4 days of normality left man, although no doubt you feel so surreal right now that you won't take advantage, lol. And that is a beautiful baby with a beautiful name. Well done. Was you in for the C-section?

6. d0ugbug

Cheers Spike, well she was a breech at the start but had turned at 34 weeks I think, wife started to get contractions at 11pm Friday night and continued till about 1ish. Then at 1:30 the wifes waters broke but where all dark and brown (basically the babies poo) which means she in in distress.

So 136mph later I got to the hospital after a bit of chatting etc we found out that B (the wife) was 8cm dilated and the baby was frank breech (i think thats whats it called) which means the baby is bum down not head. We had to make a choice of C-Section or natural birth (bum first) with risk of the head being stuck or C-Section with risk of massive blood loss to B and having a blood transfusion. Which is a lot of information to process and only having 1min to choose then be told all the risks and then having to sign all when there are about 20 doctors, surgeons, anaesthetist and nurses + midwife all flying around NOT something I want to go through again in a hurry!!!

Thankfully everything was fine and at 4:15pm Isla was born by emergency C-Section the first time the staff there had done a C-Section at 8cm dilated and was high risk. The shot of jack I had at 9:30 last night was well deserved.

Everything is fine now though so to be safe and as Isla is soooo small they have to keep her in and the wife till everything is A OK :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  7. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Congratulations!

8. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Glad to hear that after a bit of uncertainty everything worked out fine. And look on the bright side, with a c-section your baby must have a perfectly round head!

Congratulations!

9. ColaMike

ColaMike Valued Member

Congratulations, make sure your wife takes it easy.
    Glad she and the kiddo are fine, and I hope y'all the est.

10. liero

liero Valued Member

Def. A well deserved jack shot!

CONGRATS

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Congratulations! Glad everything worked out all right.

Cheers!

12. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Absolutely thrilled to bits for you my friend :D

Isla is a gorgeous name.

13. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Congrats mate :cool:

14. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Congrats, get ready for the sleepless nights!!!

15. Coges

Coges Valued Member

Congrats. That's great news.

From someone who's about to join you in fatherhood how is it treating you so far?

16. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Congrats man, fantastic news! :D

17. d0ugbug

We'll ive not had the joy of being awake in the night yet. But I'm emotionally drained, not enough time in the day and only spending a few hours with the wife and baby is a pain.

It is great mind, just little jobs now seem to take a life time to complete, would not change a thing mind :)

Mum & Isla doing well : (ill post no more photos now, unless you have me on facebook then watch out lol)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  18. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

CONGRATULATIONS!!!**

welcome to the club

**that was extra loud just to make sure you hadn't fallen asleep ;)

19. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

congratulations!

20. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Congrats!!

Enjoy the time dude because it flys by and before you know it they are taller than you and raiding your wallet :)