Ilustrisimo

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Lutang, Mar 13, 2007.

1. oosh

oosh Valued Member

Bguile :

"I really don't want to make it my business, business being the term you would mention Sun Tzu mentions that "Business is like War". So I am thinking that is not where I want to go."

No it is just a phrase "mind your own.....beeswax....business..whatever", ultimately it is not your concern or mine, but if you wish to make it your conern - that is your choice.

but as Peter said, the pillars are in contact with each other, and in my mind that is all that matters.

2. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

That is good, about the pillars, and it should be so IMHO.

But I would still like to talk about the book, the interview, the thoughts of all the ones in the book and the confusion that is notable (teaching)...So maybe I should take it to the thread about books?

I have been an advocate of physical strength in the arts. The thing that is noticeable in the book also, is the lack of it in many of the Instructors.

But they mention in many of the arts it is not strength but knowledge and tech. When you are yielding a large sword it takes strength. Make no mistake about that.

But in todays world a fast flyweight swinging a light stick or a balasiong can ruin your day, big time. :D I have been a fan of Garth Brooks and one of his better songs is about "buring the hatchet with handle sticking out" :D

Unity is not all that good in certain things, and better in others. Big problem is agenda's. So why unity :confused: Just because you are from the same country which has 7000 + Islands :bang:

Again "Business is War" very simple, remember it. If you do that you are far better off IMHO...

I remember when business partners in a certain art decided to split, best thing that could of happened, they still are friends because they split and that was the most important thing for them, and the reason for the split.

I am not involved nor do I care other than my thoughts about the difference in tech of training :Angel: Honest.

Gary

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  3. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Gary

Check your email. :D

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Have I been fired :cry:

5. Bambi

Bambi Valued Member

6. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Bambi, wrong on so much of it I can't begin to discuss it. but it is funny..I'll say this..

The various ones that I checked who had low numbers had the same profile, a date of birth and a no gender response..That is all...

I had come to my 700th post and decided to send you another and point that out. You have missed it...no cigar. As far as games go I am not into them, but you and others are, big time.

:D

7. Limbas

Limbas Valued Member

Wow! A simple question and obviously a cover-up answer. Can it be simply answered by yes there is, no there's none, or I don't know? I guess not.

Hey Gary, what badge of courage are you talking about? Most Ilustrisimos live in rough neighborhoods and face violence on a daily basis so they live the life not badges.

And they are the nicest guys you can ever meet, believe me.

8. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Badge of courage being their ability to stick with the training that they had to endure while learning the art. I am sure Tatang was tough to deal with and it took a mind of pure will, to be there learning and getting hurt for it.

Not like being in the service and stuck. Guts and desire are a given.

Looking back on it and them having to go through that (brused and injured. I was on another web posting), type of training and hoping to become a teacher of his art. The name was in my head and came out on the keyboard.

Many are out in the world that have it rough and never go and play in the life of a Warrior, for good reason. But you have to wonder for what reason do they (persons seeking out tatang) do it, if it is not for service to your country etc. etc.. And all that stuff :woo:

The basic difference of men and their arts...
    Angel Cabalas and Leo Giron are two that were in Stockton, one was a hero the other a killer. They both killed but one for his country and the other for himself.

Hope that helps or it might just confuse.

Gary

9. Lutang

Lutang New Member

I hear what your saying...I was new on here asked a question and got called a troll...don't even know what that is...I also got accused of bieng someone I am not.

10. Peter Lewis

Ha Ha Ha There is no cover-up at all. I did state that I do not believe that there is a feud at all and the reasons that I believe that is because I know that there is communication between the most senior instructors within KI. That is a clear and concise answer to a vague question. Imagine how boring the thread would be if each person posted...YES, KNOW, DON'T KNOW! :D

Clearly, you are from the Philippines, much the same as Lutang. You may well know eachother extremely well. ;) :D :D :D Or at least share the same initials to you name/s. Bwahahahaha If you are honest, you will be aware that one or two people may want to create the perception of a feud, possibly for their own gain, but ultimately, if people are actually talking, then that is hardly a sign of a feud, is it?

Ingat po kayo

Gumagalang

Peter

11. Peter Lewis

HA HA HA How innocent...it is almost believeable. :D :D :D

Thanks for 'sneaking in' the spelling mistake. I was starting to think that I may have got it wrong. :p

Take care

Gumagalang

Peter

12. Lutang

Lutang New Member

In all honesty to you peter...I am not from the Philippines nor am i an 'insider'.

I am from North America.

13. Lutang

Lutang New Member

Peter. Who is it that you think I am?

14. Peter Lewis

YAWN Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :p

15. Peter Lewis

When you insist on using a pseudonym, how could I ever be so disrespectful as to disclose your identity. ;)

16. Lutang

Lutang New Member

Go ahead expose me. I am interested in knowing who you think I am. I am not bothered by it. I choose to use a nickname because I dontlike putting any personal info on the net.

17. Peter Lewis

The 'secret' is safe with me! :Angel:

18. Lutang

Lutang New Member

Shows how sad your guessing game is....that even when i welcome your speculation you cannot even come up with an answer.

19. Lutang

Lutang New Member

I'll give you one thing...You have quite an imagination.

20. Peter Lewis

Bwahahahaha Nice. :D

Going back to the thread topic (makes a change!). There is only a feud in the eyes of those that want there to be, or those that started and keep on spreading that rumour.