Ilustrisimo

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Lutang, Mar 13, 2007.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

True Peter, but it was a reply to you and to Bambi. My thoughts regarding the troll situation is:
    Yes, I have stumbled into a small group of people and it is in this FMA group.

The person who has persisted is others regarding the troll situation, but they fill the bill of the troll better than I IMHO...

Now as far as the Illistrisimo situation and Rey. I can see that there could be a problem. But it is not something I am privy to and that is good.

:D :D

2. Limbas

Limbas Valued Member

Feud... nice... stirs the blood. :Angel:

Hey Lutang, I think there's an old thread here that touched on it a bit before being shot down. A student of Norman Suanico named scarmiglione(?) was willing to tell all... in PM of course. :D

Feud... bad for business. :woo:

3. Peter Lewis

Peter Lewis Matira Matibay

Time for a game called "Name That Troll."

1. Lutang - clearly came here with a mission...making a first post like that, one day after joining the forum, is certain to generate a response.
    2. Lutang - I seem to remember that pseudonym before, perhaps on another forum. Someone told me that it either belongs to a person based in the Philippines...maybe with the letter 'R' in his name! Or a "Younger Brother" based in Europe with the letter 'S' in his name! Could also be one of 24 other letters :D :D :D
    3. Lutang - is peculiar to the Ilustrisimo system, thus indicating that the person using the pseudonym "Lutang" is probably an insider and should know better. Unity is stronger than "divide and rule!"
    4. Lutang is probably well educated, but slips in the odd typo or grammatical error to cover up that fact. :D
    5. Lutang and Limbas share very similar personal details...so close, that they could be two sides of the same coin. Hmmmm Interesting indeed! Arise Sir Lubas and Sir Limtang! Bwahahahaha :D :D :D

Oh...game over. Too boring.

Doesn't matter who you are anyway. A feud is not always bad for business...you have generated readers here for example. Maraming salamat po sa inyo. :D However, what the speculation, or gossip, of a feud can do is harm the reputation of the person/s spreading it, causing a loss of respect for that person / those people, and eventually leaving them isolated.

Gumagalang

Peter

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  4. Lutang

Lutang New Member

Wow...from just one question all this talk. Peter...I assure you I am not stating there is some sort of fued. I'm just a person who read the claim in another post and was just curious as to why someone would post that.

Yes, I am new here and it was my first post but I am not the usual forum regular. So I was not aware that such a question would cause such a stir.

Don't judge me because I don't post my real name here as not everyone likes their name plastered all over the internet. And even if I did tell you my identity what good would it do.

I am not an insider/outsider or whatever it is u think I am. To be honest with you I was searching the internet for information on the Ilustrisimo System and happed to come across one of the posts on this forum.

Via your previous post you have a number of points regarding my nickname and what it could mean? Seems like a lot of thought for someone who claims it does not matter who I am.

I chose the nickname Lutang because its one of the pieces of footwork that I really like in the Ilustrisimo System.

You claim to have a life outside of Martial Arts...it tough to believe that as you have posted quite a few times throughout the day regarding my question and you seem to be hung up on what my name really is.

It was just a question. And, while I can respect your answer, I don't respect the fact that you continue to try to make someone look foolish for asking the question.

And coming from you, I expecte a little more , especially when you associate yourself with a number of humble Pilars of the Ilustrisimo System. I would have guess some of their traits would rub off on you.

5. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Actually the thread has sparked my interest now..I don't get out of the Ninjutsu section much, so makes a nice change.

So is there an answer to the question and what makes it so difficult to answer that requires so much thread drift?

6. Peter Lewis

Nice reply...this has also taken a great deal of careful thought. :D Must be hard to retain anonymity when a person is so close to revealing your identity. I knew you are educated...this could narrow it down even more. Perhaps you are the same person who contacted me via email about three years ago. :D Maybe you need to get a life outside of martial arts too! :D

Nickname or pseudonym, it's the same thing. I have only met one person with an almost justifiable reason for using that approach. His name is...well, he did ask me to keep it a secret. As previously mentioned, pseudonyms are a way of hiding, lying and not being true to oneself. For me, to be honest and not cheat on myself is a personal choice, just the same as it is your choice to hide who you really are. RESPECT Bro. BTW, obviously you know that Lutang is a form of footwork...I guess 'floating' is what Trolls do anyway. Ha Ha ha

:D :D :D Oh yes, with a wife and two kids, I certainly have a life outside the MA. However, part of that life is studying Motivation in the FMA at degree level. The forums do give me a break. I have also used them effectively to support my research. As I said before, I have dedicated many years to the MA and it IS a major part of my life.

How can I make YOU look foolish when you are doing a Grand Job already? :D It's also hard to make a person look foolish when they insist on hiding...Mang ? RESPECT

Ha Ha Ha Coming from me you expected a little more??? Humble? Yes! (I used to be even more humble until I lost respect for people that I had known or heard of for many years!) Prepared to sit quietly when people try to twist history or manipulate people for their own gain? No I am not...but I think that you know that about me already!!! Knowledge, loyalty, justice, honesty, respect and truth are all traits that are displayed by the aforementioned pillars. These are all quite admirable qualities for me to aspire to...don't you think?

I believe that you have done far more than a little training with GM Tony. :D Maybe you even posted to attract my attention because we have communicated before??? That is fine with me...I have absolutely nothing to hide. :D

Have an enjoyable day. I've got to return to studying now.

Gumagalang

Peter

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  7. Peter Lewis

:D :D :D

I know you are floating right now Mr Lutang!

8. Lutang

Lutang New Member

Wow...dude...sore spot?

You actually think someone would post to get your attention....who do you think you are?

The scenarios you come up with are very entertaining and laughable.

Just so your EGO is satisfied. You have a TONNE more knowledge in Ilustrisimo than me. I just discouver the system this past year.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom and imagination.

9. Peter Lewis

Bwahahahahaha I have no sore spots...other than those that are age related.

You gaining my attention was a very "tongue in cheek" remark. Much like your above remark about my EGO and TONNE of knowledge. :D :D :D Very entertaining Mang :D (or whoever you wish to be at this time)

My assumption of your identity is based on a comment made by another person quite a long time ago. The pseudonym 'Lutang' was used by a person known to him to Troll forums.

Likewise, I have been most amused by your considerable efforts to make your point while remaining hidden. Must be difficult to keep up...especially for someone who is well educated and rather proud? :D

Wisdom comes with age, knowledge and from within. Based on that, you must be overflowing with it! :D :D :D

Gumagalang

Peter

10. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hmmm, similar posts as to another :eek: Interesting when the going gets rough, where those go?

I believe, therefore I am... :D

Troll.. Again I'd like to mention that "Troll" is someone who does not want others in their area...Or we can use the term "Troll" for someone to use to catch :eek: As in fishing for the big fish, little ones to though :confused:

Just to stay on subject matter, I also like Ilustrisimo... "KALI" teaching and training, but it is FMA....It is all like chicken, only different flavored :D

:D :Angel: :woo:

11. oosh

oosh Valued Member

If the hatchet has been buried, I don't see the need to rub salt into old wounds.

12. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I was rereading the book by Master Reynaldo Galang, Warriors Arts.

The reason for it is because of Peter A. Lewis and some of what has been mentioned numerous times and really not answering or trying not to get in to deep with all the old dogs. It is a great book and I did mention it long ago regarding some of the writings and how I felt it pertained to Kali.

But now that this thread has come about I'd like to redirect it a little and ask a few questions since I am sure many of the people that have posted might be in the book or at least know personally the players.

It is a good book as I mentioned, but one of the themes I am seeing and saw before (1st read) it is the brutality that many have had layed on them to be able to be in the art of Kali Ilustrisimo. Sort of a Badge of courage. I can relate for I have been in similar situations only much worse :eek: Yes for the various training I have gone through, way back when was very rough...

The numerous name changes and other things I have seen in other org's is sort of common. But one that I have been interested in of late, is this:

Is that still the way it is? I know the Dog Brothers are tough at there gatherings (I've read, seen on DVD) but are they into the mind set of damage all the time?
    For what reason, would this still be the biggie in the art? Is it still?

I have hurt people in my line of work that I figure really hate me everytime they move and still hurt or might still remember the occasion. Or still be in prison.

Anyway it was a question and I thought I'd address it here. It is pretty consistant throughout the reading.

Old injuries give you a different perspective and my purpose is to try and lend some thought to it, for it is not the best way to train! Really :bang:

New soft sticks are really nice :D

The book does talk about other groups, but we are talking about KI, not them.

Gary

13. Aiodan7

Aiodan7 Valued Member

Even though your message was a diversion to the original question. We don't need the Dog Brothers or any popular orginisation to hold and pay homage to regarding the ability to give it what for. Again! we have a personal obligation to develop and apply are own way of developing our fighting skills.

But then is a fighter born or is he or she developed, there are gatherings in the UK such as Black Eagle, Brothers to arms, Low armour etc... with the ethics of no winners but learn to improve I have never heard anyone of them being in prison or to this day lickin their wounds from psychological scars. Taken this to another level deserves respect rather than lickin your paws in delight that you have marked them like a cough rock.

Never mistake a snake for a rope and may your problems be as far apart from my grannies teeth (I just love that sayin)

Aiodan7

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Aiodan7

Well lets talk about the KI of what Peter teachs that is what I was really looking for..I mentioned the DB because I have been involved slightly but am really to old (65) to keep up with hard contact and I was addressing that. Even with the softer training sticks it can still be pretty rough for old skin and bodies...I take you don't appreciate the mention of the DBMA??? :D It was in the book of Warriors Arts, Unity and all that... :confused:

Did you or have you read the book? Warriors Arts? It has quite a few players mentioned from many places and I thought it was a good book for the unity thing but still the unity is not that tight IMHO most are for their system IMHO...
    I have read quite a few stories and have heard them spoken that we all like to show different faces to our competitors or our friends or enemys... Some how that is what comes across most of the time, don't you think? :confused:

I don't believe I have taken delight in what I mentioned. (See that is where your mind has chosen to go not mine).

I had to do what I did for survival and that is where I was coming from. You are mistaken regarding your post I believe...

The amount of contact is sometimes just a bully thing I am thinking...

I would think the Police in the UK are pretty good with the "Baton" or what ever you want to call it. Do any of your group train them or do they have their own trainers?

You are in the UK? Are you familiar with Mo Teague???

Gary

15. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  16. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hmmm By some response's I am figuring or wondering where that hatchet got buried :confused:

:cool:

17. oosh

oosh Valued Member

"Hmmm By some response's I am figuring or wondering where that hatchet got buried "

None of my business, none of yours.

If you want to make it your business, then that is your prerogative.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I really don't want to make it my business, business being the term you would mention Sun Tzu mentions that "Business is like War". So I am thinking that is not where I want to go. :)

What I see in the book, that could be something that might set some of the Masters apart, I am addressing and again it is only my observations of what I read.

So here goes a thought. Most of the time in training and the way instructors go at it are a big clue in todays new era of the head game.

So what I am getting from the book and asking Peter is his instructor seems to be a gentle sort but very good at his art. Reminds me of the teaching of Mitose and being aware. Do your training for your body, and your body will help you. But not if it is all beat up by cerain instructors.

Not that I am addressing the situation (if there is one) I am asking about the obvious difference in the training techs of the various Masters. I have been in the Arts to long not to say what I think is correct or what I notice with my own observation.

In police work they say the eye can not trespass. Do any of you believe that?

So if that is true. Then we need to ask our selves when reading or observing what you find as a remarkable difference, and talk about it... Yes or No?

Regards

19. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Bambi mentions:
    I've been signed up here since 04 and have only posted a handful of times, mainly because i (like others I would imagine) generally dont post unless i've something of substance to add to the topic.

I'll say:
    Hmmm, perfect. I notice many that have not posted very much, do what some mention as "troll". They also do not mention gender or much on their profile Hmmm..

To me that is a clue of sorts. Been here since 2004 and not many post as "Bambi" but plenty of others I'd think Hmmmm...

I am not going to keep up this heavy amount of posting for it is "spring" and I have other stuff to do..That should make some very happy LOL...

Regards, my 700th. <(*-)

20. Aiodan7

Aiodan7 Valued Member

Bambi to my knowledge has always posted using the same name, by his own choice and is known in Ireland for his dedication and proficiency in the arts he practices. His knowledge is repected by those who know him and his craic would put a smile on your face that a plastic surgeon could not remove. It is by our own choice on what we post or reply. I am sure if you ask him a direct question about his profile he would answer.