Illegal immigration - Does it unduly affect US crime rates?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anjelica, Feb 21, 2018.

1. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that before.

Just reading an article about it. Once again, entrepreneurial capitalists seize the market as organised criminal gangs from outside the area take over: Paradise lost: does Copenhagen’s Christiania commune still have a future?

I agree with you that availability of cannabis will have little-to-no effect on the numbers using crack or heroin. People don't smoke a joint for the same reasons that people hit the pipe or shoot up.

2. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Oh,boy! Where would that be exactly? Do I get to choose where?

Ireland,England,Scotland,Cornwall,Wales,Holland,Germany? Or do I get to stay here due to the indigenous genetics I also carry?

If I have to leave the US for somewhere else I hope that country is ready to support me on the dole.Most places don't hire people my age.

But I'm not going anywhere in the Isles until the

AngloSaxons,"Danes",Normans,and the Plantationers in Eire and the non-indigenous residents of Ulster go home. (Oh,no! Since I'm part "English",which is among others AngloNormanScandanavian,That means I might have to relocate to.....France! ugh.I guess I could handle the Scandanavian countries,tho.)

Don't you think your sentiment should also apply to Africa?

Oh,let's not forget Australia.

I think the island of Great Britain will sink.

Oh,yeah. What about Central and S.America?

David Harrison and axelb like this.
  3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Sorry, no.

We all have to send off swabs to DNA testing companies and have our respective genetic percentages scattered between population group origins.

To paraphrase Stewart Lee, because the clip is too rude for MAP; Britain was much better off before those Beaker People came along. What's wrong with drinking out of your hands?

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

That's a great sketch.
    Those monolithic period people, coming over here with they clay pots...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Dead_pool and David Harrison like this.
  5. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Do you remember when it was nothing, yea nothing, I liked that, then people came with their things..... And nothing was something....... Air breathing scum............

(to paraphrase a little)

6. Dead_pool

That would be Great Britain.

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

One of me best mates is from Yorkshire. As English as one can get (we even argue about clotted cream or jam first - true followers will understand this)

He did a DNA thingy, and found out he's 40% Malaysian. He fits more of the look of a Viking with his blonde hair, blue eyes combo. But he does lack facial hair.. dead give away.

David Harrison, axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  8. Dead_pool

Those commercial DNA tests are currently very inaccurate, they don't test ancestry, they see where a selection of your current DNA, is also currently popular on the world, they don't have a database of original DNA location, so obviously with migration etc, where your DNA is popular now, doesn't necessarily mean that's where it originated.

There's a good "infinate monkey cage episode about it" if your interested.

9. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Send me the infinite monkey cage link :) I must have missed that one. (I didn't know it was still going?)

On a slightly related note, have you seen the sports DNA tests? I've seen a few athletes using them to help their training program, I was going to start a thread about it (probably will later today as the snow is coming)

Dead_pool likes this.
  10. Dead_pool

11. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

What if they didn't have to buy it from dealers? How many people buy whiskey on the street now when they can go to the liquor store? Yeah it makes a difference when it becomes legal.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Yet bootleg liquor and tobacco remain multi million dollar industries

The "gateway drug" myth is pretty much that...it won't make any difference of note

13. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

They would be even bigger industries if alcohol and tobacco were made illegal.

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

But people haven't stopped buying Everclear because they can buy Guinness

Its ridiculous to say "well I eas going to chase the dragon but seeing as weed is now legal I will toke on a bong instead"

Similarly the gateway drug theory - you start with weed then move on - is patently false

So yeah, it still makes no difference

15. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Sorry,Great Britain is an island.If you missed the hedgemaster G.E. O'Graphy in school Ireland is a separate island. Hence the name The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

An aside-Some years ago Irish musicians refused to perform at a music festival which was to be called "Music of the British Isles"-the name was changed to "Music of the Isles".

In which case I myself would have been expecting hula girls!

@axelb-you meant megalithic,methinks. The coming of the beaker people was at the end of the megalithic period.

16. Dead_pool

Your 100% correct, so you would be UKarian, or British as its commonly known, (well to the DUP Northern Irish anyway!)

axelb likes this.
  17. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

Apologies I lost the train of thought of the discussion, I thought you were arguing that people would still buy more marijuana from illegal sources, even if it were legalised. I agree that legalising it would have little or no effect on the amount of people taking hard drugs.

18. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

I think it would. Would you buy garbage like crack or crystal if you could buy high grade pot for much less? Legalization would reduce the price a lot you know.

19. Anjelica

Anjelica Banned Banned

When prohibition was passed in 1920, when alcohol was banned, it put the market in the hands of criminals ushering in the gangster era. it also made the street price sky high because bootleggers had to be compensated for the risk they were taking. Legalization put it back in the hands of businessmen who pay taxes and brought the price way down. Prohibition was a bad idea. So is prohibition of pot.

20. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Of course I'm British-as in Welsh and Cornish.

They're the only British left in Britain!