If you had to create a new karate style, what would you call it ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Dragon_Princess, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

If you had to invent a new style of karate, what type of serious or humorous style would you come up with and what would you call it ?

2. Kosokun

Kosokun Valued Member

In homage to the Western Heritage of the US West Coast, ;-) I'd probably call it "Baka Ryu."

Rob:eek:

3. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Hanee Dapu Karate

:D

4. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Serious answer - Eclectic self defence, the idea, to take all the best techniques from other arts along with some of my own modified techs' and painstakingly piece them together to make an efficient art just for ME.

Joke answer - get back to you on that one.;)

5. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

hmmmm, good question. I'd probally name it Session-do Karate:D
    Session being my last name ofcourse:D
    It would be a combination of all the tecniques from the various styles I have studied pluss...hmmmm, well, still working on it;)
    I'ma have to get back with ya on that

6. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

7. Cain

Cain New Member

Well as for me I would call it 'The Art Of Unarmed Combat'
    I would keep various ranks in it like a student has to go through different levels in order like this -
    Physical training
    Judo, wrestling, grappling etc
    Foorwork
    Boxing
    Taekwondo [or Kicking skills]

These levels should be there instead of belts for instance when a person comes to a certain level of physical training then he advances to the next stage ie he will do physical training along with grappling that sort of thing u see but then it's all a dream.

As for the joke title I kinda don't like the title of a 'joker' :D
    |Cain|

8. big e

big e New Member

karate - a new style

i think i would keep mine pretty simple so people would remember it
    i think id call it - big e's chinnock wik ang fu do karate

9. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

hmm i m making an orangutang style(here jimmy u go) hopefully call it by this name ;)... by the way orangutang is one of powerful animal in monkey specices... :D
    -TkdWarrior-

10. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Goshin Ryu, or for purely egotistical reasons, Colin-do.

Col

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Yep, and they make great librarians (someone else has to read Pratchett here, I'm sure).

12. movado

movado New Member

wing dung comedian style.or wing bung.
    --------------------------------- ------------
    it would incorporate distractive elements such as cackling like a turkey while you execute your kung fu techniques.

also you'd have to be really feeling silly to incorporate these techniques.it would be something like drunken arts gung fu.you'd stagger around and act really stupid and silly,cackling and squawking.this would be an effective method of distraction.if you can make someone laugh hard enough they become very weak no matter how strong they are to begin with.
    i remember this friend of mine and it's right on a video tape from 1988.i was 18 and this dude my friends hung out with had this technique which we named wing bung instead of wing chun because it was really unorthodox and awkward and the turkey cackling and squawking made it hard to focus and stay firm with your own techniques.
    really though.i remember how weak it made me.it was so silly and stupid that it made me literally laugh myself into a helpless weakling and he was able to take advantage of that element of distraction and look like a competitive fighter against me on the video tape despite him being quite a bit weaker physically and much less powerfull while executing the kicking and hand techniques.
    he nevertheless held his own against me because of apparently mastering the art of what we called "wing bung style".
    personally now i would rename this style "wing dung"because it's so funny you could laugh yourself to death and then take a dung in your kung fu pants.
    lol.

13. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

School of Mercury, with emphasis on agility and formlessness, hence the name.

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Wow! A thread from 2002 has been resurrected! :eek:

It cant be hallowe'en already :confused: