If I win the lottery.

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by K_Coffin, Jun 4, 2004.

1. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Just killing some time, late at night, and I figured I would expose some of you to the sites I fantasize to when I dream of how I would spend my money. So, here they are, in all of their glory. Check out some legitimate Nihonto, not that imitation crap that is sold by every cheesy knife dealer on the internet.

Ikkyudo - High Class stuff.
    Nihonto.com - Also some nice swords here.
    Nihonto Antiques.
    Nihonto.ca - A very classy site, Canadian-run!

There's so much more. For more links or information, check out Richard Stein's site, The Japanese Sword Index.

2. Mind Aflame

Mind Aflame New Member

very nice, how high do the jackpots get in the lottery over there? It gets generally up to £5 million in England.

3. WildCard

WildCard New Member

Triple rollover the other week, AND I WON :)

A measily tenner, but for those three numbers the dream seemed real

4. Jax

Jax New Member

them swords looks very impressive, i bet they weigh nothing and are razor sharp... i want one:)

if you buy one their value can only go up so its a good investment aswell.

5. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

Great sites! Thanks for the links... :)

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I want to start a foundation to anonymously help out people. Anyone who actually ASKS for money doesn't get it, except my friends here on MAP of course....

7. ziseez

ziseez Valued Member

know any website where i could see a katana made by masamune? or maybe a katana wielded by like musashi or okita souji or someone, that would be cool to see one.

8. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

If I win the lottery.....

I'd get out of debt first. Share the wealth with family and close friends. Contribute some to CHLA(Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles). Invest some to live off the interest, whatever that'll be at the time. Finally, upgrade my place to include a full dojo setting with nice mats, mirrors, etc. Yup, that's what I'd do if I won the lottery :D

9. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Wow. Good replies. I didn't think too many people would read this little guy.

ziseez, I haven't found anything like that yet. I think it would be tough to find a website with a Masamune on it, since they're basically all national treasures, and are prohibited by law from leaving Japan. As far as Musashi swords, good luck. I haven't heard anything about their existence, so as far as I know, there aren't any that could be proven as his. But hey, maybe I just haven't found it.

Pacific, that sounds a lot like what I would be doing too. Debts, family, investments, then fun. I just posted this as a window into some of the nicer art swords that are available. I know I've spent a lot of time looking at swords, trying to learn what I could, and I figured other people might enjoy the excercise too.

10. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

If I won the Lottery.

Looks like it's up to me to be the first to say that I would ensure that MAP had enough Bandwidth now and in the future. :cool:

:)

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

JX, I think you just won the prize (if we had one) hurry up with that lottery win.

12. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

If I won the lottery, well, I'd do the usual stuff, take care of family, give some to charity, etc., etc. -- but then, I would actually build the house I designed (or have a builder build it for me ;) ). I would make one revision in the design -- I would change the home gym into a combination home gym/dojo. Then, I would buy a really good sword, and some other weapons.

It will have to be a big lottery -- I've been told by a builder that the much smaller and simpler house that I designed would take two million dollars to build! Strictly fanatasy, here!

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

I'd get a sword from www.bugei.com if I won the lottery. Of course I'd share the money, college for my brother and sister when they get older, myself now, buy new cars for my parents, etc. but getting a $7k custom made sword would kick ass. :)

PL

14. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

If you're paying that much for a sword, why not get something traditionally made in Japan? That's definitely what I would do.

15. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Part of my fun would be building my weaponry collection. It would be nice to have a real Samurai sword set, but all the really nice ones are way out of my range :( . I've always had a fascination for the weaponry of the martial arts :) .

16. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Mm hm. I agree with you here. I would build quite the collection if I had the $. The most perfect thing I can think to find would definitely be a matched Daisho from Koto or Shinto periods. That would be just amazing. I would also want a Naginata or two, a Yari, a couple of Tanto, and some Koshirae.

And don't even get me started on Armour. That's a whole other ballgame.