Idea for new TV show

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by komuso, Apr 23, 2013.

1. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Good morning MAP,

Here in the great land of Oz a new 'reality' TV show is about to start. Apparently it involves teaching a bunch of celebreties how to do some platform diving and then, I presume, scoring them while secretly hoping for nasty injuries.

In short, a total waste of time and energy that is yet more proof of the vacuum that exists where creativity should be in the entertainment industry.

But just whining about the state of affairs really isn't enough, what we need is some pro-active solutions to the problem. So I have had an idea!

Celebrity MMA! Bear with me.... the idea is that you take the same bunch of folks that you were previously going to toss off a high board/ stick in a house/ maroon on an island, BUT this time you give them some rudimentary MMA training and have at it. It would be huge!

So, which B grade actors, politicians, musicians etc would you like to see beating and choking one another? I would personally pay big money to watch Justin Beiber and basically anyone from One Direction go toe to toe, for example.

paul

2. frownland

frownland 【ツ】

How bout we scrap the September federal election in favour of The Ultimate Fighter Canberra: Team Julia vs Team Tony??

3. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Now we are talking.

It could be argued that he has form in these sorts of cross gender encounters?

:)

paul

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Jessie J vs Kat Von D.

Sean Bean vs That Guy from Walking Dead.

That's all I got right now.

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Too predictable.

Sean Bean always dies. :D

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Jodie Marsh v. Katie Price might be entertaining. Then again, it might just be annoying.

7. Pretty In Pink

Hahahahahahaha, I am a bean counter!

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

How about Margaret Thatcher v. Audley Harrison? I reckon Thatcher would just sneak it on points.

9. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Watching people wipe out is always an aspect of platform or springboard diving. I always thought divers were a bit crazy to begin with.

They have had former celebrity boxing before. I recall Vanilla Ice taking a beating from some one time child actor.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

11. Pretty In Pink

I@d like to see Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney. Not the rap battle >.>

12. Kave

Kave Lunatic

Ed O'Neill vs Danny Trejo.

Ed O'Neill because he is a blackbelt in BJJ under Rorion Gracie, Danny Trejo because he was Pennsylvania state prison champion in both the lightweight and welterweight divisions.

Ed O'Neill is 67 years old and Danny Trejo is 68, but they both look fairly tough. I reckon it would be a classic striker vs grappler fight; Machete Cortez vs Al Bundy.

13. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

From what I hear Ed O'Neill is a beast on teh mat because he gets pushed harder by his partners than anyone else..."no one wants to get tapped by Al Bundy" was a quote I heard attributed once!

14. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Danny Trejo looks like he'd hurt you just with his stare....

15. Pretty In Pink

Arnold Schwarzenegger vs Bruce Willis

Not really B level actors, but it would be awesome!

16. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Rush Limbaugh v. Vladimir Putin. :D (Putin is technically not a celebrity, but as politics is Showbiz for The Ugly, I consider him one.)

17. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Chadderz,

if you haven't done it already you HAVE to go and see Expendables 2, if only for the joy of watching Chuck Norris delivering a Chuck Norris gag. You don't get your preferred Willis vs Arnie match up, but you do get a Sly Stallone vs Jean Claude Van Damme classic.

Plus it is possibly the funniest thing I have watched in an age.

paul

18. Pretty In Pink

I didn't think it was that great. Too hyped :/