I'd Prefer to Have Children, Thanks

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dactylus, May 26, 2007.

  1. Dactylus

    Dactylus Valued Member

    Good day, fellow males! I say fellow males because I'm pretty sure any females here won't be able to help with this particular problem. Feel free to try though, I guess?

    So! Onward. I've been training in Wah Lum kung fu for...oh, I don't know, eight months sounds about right. I have a problem that developed over the last few months that I didn't have before, so I'm not sure where it came from. Unless I stand in a slightly awkward, pelvis-thrusted-more-forward-than-I-prefer way, I feel like my nuts might be crushed. This also occasionally happens when Im doing a directly forward 90 degree low-kick. I usually wear boxers, and have tried some boxer briefs I found in my closet, and the briefs actually havent helped at all (perhaps wrong size or something, I dunno). SO!

    Anyone else had this problem or got some solutions? Cool, thanks.

    EDIT: Note! This only happens when I've been working out for a while, so it might be a matter of sweat being an evil adesive of doomity doom...doom! Still, solutions would be appreciated.
    Last edited: May 26, 2007
  2. Moosey

    Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

    You have genitals? Didn't your sifu tell you that all true martial artists are castrated upon joining class?

    Pffft, Mcdojo!!!
  3. Dactylus

    Dactylus Valued Member

    He did and oferred to do it for a small fee, but read the title! D8
  4. Moosey

    Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter


    I just tried a few kicks to see what happened. I've concluded that, when I kick, I leave a large enough gap between my legs for the wedding tackle to go uncrushed (y'know, a metre or two).
  5. Dactylus

    Dactylus Valued Member

    For the purpose of one of the moves in Six Harmonies form, this low kick has to be pretty damn in there!

    Thanks, though! I still need to find a way to deal with the legs-together thing =P
  6. relish

    relish Valued Member

    I suppose you could wear a cup? Uncomfortable as hell when sparring but it might just do what you're looking for!
  7. Stevebjj

    Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

    Dude. It's called a jockstrap.

    If you buy one that fits you, it should keep Bob Marley and the whalers up and out of the way. Presuming this is a serious request, if this doesn't help, you may also consider seeing a doctor. Sensitivity or swelling can be a symptom of an infection, hernia or any number of treatable issues.
  8. kensei1984

    kensei1984 Panda Power!

    I've heard of techniques where people have withdrawn their testicles into their body.

    Might be a good technique for you to learn.

    On the more serious side, I'd get checked out. Might be....just might be.....testicular torsion. I think you are compensating with the way you stand and train to help reduce the pain.

    In other words...your family jewels are in a twist.

Share This Page