"I won't train with girls, it's against my religion": your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Sarita, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

I think your asking if we think 'a girl sitting on us would be inappropriate' correct?

I would say no, unless someone was to be a slobbering pervert there should be no issue. I think on a general level most people are able to separate sexually natured situations from the non-sexually natured ones.

2. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

so are you saying that you can know a pervert only by looking at him?
    and bjj schools can know who is pervert and who is not ?

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

When I have girl sitting on top of me that is trying to choke the crap out of me... the last thing I'm worried about is a raging wood in the gi pants. :rolleyes:

I'm seriously beginning to wonder what your age is TKD 4ever. I don't mean that to be offensive.... but you sound like you've lived an incredibly sheltered life. I'm really working hard not come off as rude and abrasive but the concept that shaking hands leads to all these things you said it does really just strikes me as so completely ridiculous and utterly stupid that I think I need to leave this thread for a few moments and come back... you seem like a nice enough guy... but your whole logic is driving me to Turrets syndrome.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Ok I couldn't do it. Sigh...

Are you truly this daft or are you only trolling?
    Get back to us with these numbers and facts that support your assertions... because as of now you're seriously looking very silly with the absurd assertions you've made.

According to you and the way you've interpreted Islam (or had interpreted for you) everyone is a pervert at heart. At the core we're all sexual predators and the only way out is to enact this absurd code of Islam that requires that mena nd women separate themselves from all physical contact unless married.

What total crap. Total and utter crap.
    Get the facts and get back to us. :rolleyes:

5. righty

righty Valued Member

Couldn't have said it better myself.

6. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

Of course not, and that's hardly the point. Do you suggest we segregate the sexes concerning all aspects of life in order to combat a minority? A minority that might I add isn't prone to acting out in view of the general public, much less in the presence of a group that would beat him within an inch of his life.

I mean, if I follow your logic then fathers have no place in the lives of their children because there's no telling who may or may not be a child molester..... I.E. Your idea is a bit pedantic and doesn't concern itself with practical application.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2008
  7. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

DARNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Thats where ive been going wrong all theses years???!!! All it takes is a hand shake???!!! why didnt someone tell me soooonerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :woo: :D

8. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

Islam is about respecting other relegions so please dont desrespect my relegion

9. Hiroji

DISrespect Islam? I wasn't disrespecting Islam i was disrespecting you.

You choose to live that way, islam doesn't force you to be a Muslim so therefore im not disrespecting Islam, i say more fool you.

<<snip>> see the world from other peoples points of view, & learn to take a freakin joke for gods sake.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2008
  10. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

Do you mean that islam is crap?
    Grow up and leave this disscusion clean
    It is more than easy to be rude and i can desrespect any relegion but I dont becuase i am MUSLIM.

11. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

The whole concept is not my point of view
    it is islams point of view
    Dont you think that the TOS doesnt allow you to disrespect me?

12. Hiroji

Yes but it's only a concept, you are a fool for choosing to follow it in my opinion.

But, and read this carefully before crying, i hold your rights to be able to follow it.

Try and take an unbiased look around the world, and see that Islam isn’t all its cracked up to be

13. righty

righty Valued Member

If anyone is disrespecting Islam it is yourself TKD 4ever. You come to this forum making snide comments, making out there statements with no supporting evidence whilst holding up sexist and backwards beliefs. Why is it that other Muslim males mentioned and specifically asked about this topic have a different opinion than yourself. I respect these people much more than you.

In previous posts you have implied that dates must lead to sex. If you went on a date and the woman would not have sex, what would you do since you have said dates lead to sex.
    You have also tried to joke about BJJ positions where the women is on top.
    You also say that you believe this becuase you are a Muslim and follow Islam. You are putting yourself forwards as a representation of your religion and making a fool of yourself. From what you have written I have no choice but to think of you as an idiot. Appearing both as an idiot and as a representation of your religion you are doing Islam a disservice.

14. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'm curious. Can anyone tell me - are gay muslims allowed to touch other men?

15. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I'm wondering where the people are from the start of the thread who I imagine should be arguing at this point that TKD 4ever obviously holds woman in the highest esteem and shouldn't be debated with over his blatent religious prejudice?

Also just to echo others points... No, rolling with a member of the opposite sex in BJJ isn't sexual unless you have absolutely no self control and are unable to distinguish training from a passionate and intimate encounter. And... No, shaking hands or hugging does not lead to sex or orphans I can't even count how many girls I have shook hands with or hugged and yet I don't have any orphans to my name. Again if you cannot distinguish signs of friendship from a sexual relationship then I actually think it is good for all the women around you that you're not going to be touching them in anyway.

So suggesting that women if you shake their hands or hug them will inevitably have sex with you is not rude or disrespectful? Sorry but your views as demonstrated are prejudiced and I for one don't really care if they are based on a religious code... that doesn't suddenly make them immune from criticism. Especially when many other Muslims seem to be perfectly able to shake hands with women which suggests it's down to the particular interpretation of Islam you chose to follow not the entire Islamic faith.

16. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Another shock for you Hiroji.

A young priest is translating biblical papers found in the vatican. Suddenly he roars out Shi.. and halleluya runS up tO the the older priests and points at one of the pages and says "It says CELEBRATE !!!!!

REGARDS KOYO
    Stone me if you like!!!

17. LJoll

LJoll Valued Member

Because all Muslims are obviously exactly the same?

18. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Some of us were asleep. We don't do MAP 24/7...

It isn't disrespectful to Strict Muslims or Orthodox Jews... his explanations may seem... contrived, but the text is there and so is the reasons. You guys just don't care. It's easy to point at a liberal Muslim or a Reform Jew and say "he doesn't do it, so why should you", but they don't represent all of their religions, just as a Strict Muslim, Orthodox Jew or Christian radical doesn't represent thier religion as a whole. Relativism. Here we are, full circle, AGAIN.

doug, I like you, but that's just ignorant. He didn't say he doesn't like women, he's elaborating on religious beliefs. Grow up.

19. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

His religious beliefs clash with my social and political beliefs, are mine subjugated because the founder of his religion disagreed with me. I am not passing on what I know to him, plus if he is that devout he is not going to want to train with someone who follows a religion not of the book anyway so no loss. My religion is pretty strict on everyone being responsible for themselves and their own actions no passing the buck, it's the only thing it is strict on.

20. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

So you have to be an ignorant child about it?

I swear to God, these threads really bring out the honesty in poeple. It's quite enlightening.

BTW, I hope you never come to the states to do a MAP meet or seminar, since you have a blood borne disease I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to roll with you. I'd rather roll with the Muslim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.