I welcome myself to the world of martial arts

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by abby, Jan 28, 2004.

1. abby

abby New Member

I had my first TKD class tonight. Loved it. It was a good workout and I learned a lot. I can't wait till Friday for my next class! :)

2. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

Thats awesome. Glad you had fun. Guess Ill welcome you to the world of MA too...even though I just started myself:D

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

What? You loved it? My first class was hell. :(

I felt like I was about to burst into flames afterwards. So hot and tired. :(

PL

4. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Nice one Abby. Keep it up :)

5. kerling

kerling Hidden haito style

Welcome Abby to the wonderfull world of martial arts.

Regards Kerling

6. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Pah! I liked my first class....hence why I kept going :p

Hey abby!:D

7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

The enthusiasm is so nice to hear!!!!! Good training.

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

... Great to hear abby!

You seem quite motivated... keep it up!

9. HitNRun

HitNRun New Member

We know the feeling!

Tom

10. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

The dojo I go to has the door open on days that aren't cold. Well, being out of shape and practicing karate for the first time...in pants and long sleeves on a 100 degree summer day, I thought I was gonna pass out :eek:

11. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

thats how i felt abby when i had my first class of tkd i couldnt wait to go to the next class.

12. Serpico

Serpico New Member

Congratulations, welcome to the biggest hill, that you'll never want to stop climbing :)

13. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Good news, good news. Me, I was terrified my first day. Sometimes I wonder why I ever returned. But now I too joyfully look forward to every next class! Woo-oo!

14. Alex103701

Alex103701 New Member

Well done. I only just started Kyokushinkai, so I'm new as well, but welcome anyway. I remember my first class (push ups on your knuckles :s) almost killed me, but I loved it either way.

15. chungmoomonkey

chungmoomonkey Just a few more months...

holy crap i cant even remember my first class the farthest back i can remember is bits and pieces of green belt but wen i started i was like 7 so ya well good luck and remember this is very important as u start ur ma career

16. Hapkido

Hapkido New Member

i just had my first hapkido class and it was everythign i thought and more. its an insane workout and even something as simple as falling is crazy fun. everyone in my class is real nice even like this old vet who stayed after class to help me with the first joint lock technique. the best part is that it turns out a kid in my science class is taking it too! hes been doing it for 2 1/2 years so hes helping me out alot. i took kendo today also but its all based on right handed and im left so im dropping it, crazy fun though.