I want your Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Anth, May 20, 2008.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

MAP will sell them for you if you like, we demand a 99% cut to feed anth's stottie and guinness habit though! Does anyone access map using a mobile device? I do and the image and navbar are huge on my phone and pda

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

These two have caught my eye for their simplicity. If anyone else likes these please post and I'll get them done at some point soon :)

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I've found something that will put something like this under the title box on new threads but it makes the page look waaaaay too busy. You end up with the main post box almost off the screen :confused:

I might check it out later on and see if I can put it elsewhere on the page or if I can modify it in any other way.

Anyone want to second the suggestions in my last post or suggest anything else?

4. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

If you need a second. Consider this a 2nd! :p

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ok, I've done the two things mentioned above (the quick reply and thread starter ones).

I personally don't think the thread starter bit is needed and I'm not too impressed with how its showing (though its better than it was before I oddified it).

I'm going to leave it on the MAP Power Blue skin for a while. If anyone has any comments please post them. If not, it may be removed at some random time.

6. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

A spell checker? We seem to have one but unusually it is set to a language not used by the majority of the mods? :eek:

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I remember we tested a spell checker for this place but had to remove it for some reason.

Sam should be able to find a decent version so I don't have to go looking :Angel:

8. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

I don't really like it, I don't see how it's that useful to be honest. Looks a bit, well, unneeded.

9. Yudanja

Yudanja Euphoric

Use FireFox and you will have a Spell Checker. :)

I have one suggestion because personally I use it myself and that is the "Signature Once Per Page" hack over at vb.org.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  10. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Please please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Consider putting Desktop TD in the Arcade, if it's possible. Not sure if you could. But if you could, would you please? :D

I've spent this afternoon frantically searching for a way around the recent blocking of any site that has Desktop TD on it. They couldn't let me have it for just a few more weeks! :(

I'm shaking, I need this game...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Given that I've spent the best part of the week trying to work out how to get new games into the arcade and having technical trouble both on MAP (the slowness is even worse when you try to do anything Mod/Dev wise) and my home computer (random errors and install problems) I don't think I'll be adding it.

12. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

*sniff*

:(

13. Sackett

Sackett Valued Member

The new Favorite User functionality is entirely satisfying! Thanks so much! :)

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Well folks, its MAP Project time again and I'm starting to look for more suggestions. If you've read the Development Journal (see the sticky in this forum) recently you'll know that this is the next big version of MAP that is in planning.

The latest version of the software that is getting tested has quite a few improvements and we can get even more shiny new things for it.

So what do you all want to see on MAP?

If you want some info (and screenies) from the new MAP, check the Development Journal :)

15. Topher

Topher allo!

What about a "form spy" which some vBulletin forums have. It's like the new posts list, but it has live updating. It works well for really busy forums.

EDIT... What about the ability to search for similar threads from a new thread page (i.e. in the form of a pop-up window), I've seen that on other forum too.

Edit 2... Here's info on the forum spy

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Got a link to a site that does that? I can't find a modification that does it at the moment but I'll look into it (and see how the server reacts to it).

Got some new screenies from the test area posted in the Development Journal now :)

17. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

This could well be an old idea but I was thinking about a glossary for each art? It was quite confusing when I first went on the BJJ section and was reading about shrimping.

18. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Topher - I've just checked that out and it looks like custom code :(

Southpaw - we used to have one years and years ago but it died with the upgrade in 2004. I want to have one back and running but there's no suitable modifications at the moment. However, I've just got a new coding book so it might be back on the cards if I can understand it :)

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

okay no worries

20. Like Water

Like Water Valued Member

Sorry if this has already been said, but I think a regional section would be excellent. This way members who are in the same area have a place to post and meet and possibly train together.