I want to make a table...

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by Dan Bian, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

What purpose does this analogy serve anyway?

2. unfetteredmind

unfetteredmind Valued Member

I guess the same purpose any analogy serves. It is a way of looking at something from a different perspective to (hopefully) aid understanding. It won't serve this purpose for everyone.

3. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

I suspect that it's an indication that we all have way too much free time on our hands. ;)

4. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Analogies and metaphors are useful ways to get across a complicated idea. However, this table one is a bit unhelpful as it has flaws. :p

5. pj_goober

pj_goober Valued Member

Yeah one of the legs is a bit wobbly and you have to put a bit of folded up card under it to stop it getting really annoying

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Question to the OP: what about some chairs to go with your table? :confused:

7. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Nah :p More fun to sit on the floor ;)

8. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Pikey! :p

Bet you couldnt make a chair with them thar nails you used for your table. :D

9. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

I thought you were supposed to practice horse stance around your table :confused: :D

10. Rebo Paing

Rebo Paing Pigs and fishes ...

Tung oil.

Best oil for solid wood tables. Natural sheen, non-toxic and preserves and waterproofs timber.

Apply liberally and allow to soak 24 - 48 hrs depending upon fibre density, then follow with a 2nd application and allow to stand for same amount of time again.
    Then buff with hand buffer,

wipe up,
    wipe down ... heheh.

Repeat process to get that 'expensive' waxy wood feel.

P.S. Don't EVER use nails, unless you want a MMA table :D .

11. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

so where's the picture of your table? :confused: .............................. ;)

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

How do you ensure that your table doesn't suffer from 'double weighting'?

13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hahahahahahahahaha.......

Judging by BT's knees...his table will probably be wonky with not all the legs on the floor at the same time.. :D

waiting in my bunker

14. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

Ahhhh,
    So you want to use "wax on and wax off"? Or by up and down is that "Paint the fence"? :D

15. Dan Bian

Wot you sayin' 'bout my knees? :Alien:

16. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Um..you don't sit into your kwa, so tend to lock your knees from time to time....you are doing well with your taiji though young man. Early days, early days. :D

or

Your table has an unstable frame causing you to have the occasional wonky leg. :love: :p

NOTE.....BT, like all of us has his faults, but he is man enough to tell me to post all comments (good and bad) on the forum and not in pms. Shows maturity imo. *bows to BT*

Carys

17. Dan Bian

Ah, righty :)

*Bows in return*

18. Taoquan

Taoquan Valued Member

:confused:
    You two get the chance to practice together? Or did I miss BT posting his form??? Or does Carys have that great of eyes that she sees it in his photo???? :D

19. unfetteredmind

You missed BT posting his form. See "Taiji Form Demo" thread.

20. unfetteredmind

Oh, actually you didn't miss it, you posted a few comments about it - weird. Your memory must be failing you buddy, would that be Heart Blood Deficiency (vacuity if your american) or Kidneys I wonder. :)