i used my kobutan for SD today...

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Tommy-2guns..., Aug 7, 2006.

1. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Shuko are banned too! That really ticks me...I like Shuko!

2. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

im really not down with my japanese weapons terminology, shuko??

3. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

That little bitch Spooky has his nails/claws out...

4. Lord Spooky

Here you go.

Attached Files:

5. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Now now.. its not nice to poke fun at a state which has more land than the UK does and every square mile has someone with a gun...

And our petrol is cheaper ;)

6. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

I've carried a Kubotan for years and used it numerous times, its a great little surprize..Check out ProTek Key used like a Kubotan but far more effective and you can carry them onboard an aircraft...pps-selfdefense.com

7. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Yeah, but I can get away with it because there are only three people in the whole state who know where England is.... and two of them are German tourists :) :) :) :) :)

All the best.

Robert.

8. Lord Spooky

ROFLMAO :D :D

9. ScottUK

Hehe... IPPON!

http://www.rednecks.info/pictures/world-map.gif

10. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

This will interest you possibly.

Three weeks ago we were doing a spot of iai one Saturday afternoon at our dojo (which is a privately owned building) one of the local residents opened the front door and alerted us that a car was being "trashed" in the street and wondered if it belonged to one of us (which it did), when the lady described the car, Martin (the owner) still with his Nine Circles steel iaito in hand, instinctively ran out the dojo, down the passage and into the street...

... Picture the scene...

Three CHAV tossbags attempting to wreck the car... One rather ****ed-off and now highly motivated iai student of about 18 months... Oh Dear !!!

I was just an arm's reach behind Martin as he reached the car and adopted Jodan - In fairness he was shouting at the eejits and they were now rapidly back peddling, I grabbed Martin's right wrist and took the sword off him.

This is all true... as the day is long I swear.

...Picture the scene...

Five iai students now standing in the street wearing hakama, iaigi and nihonto :p :p :p Classic !

We made our way back to the dojo and within a couple of minutes the boys-in-blue arrive having been informed by an anonymous source (we think by the CHAV tossbags themselves) that we had chased members of the public with swords drawn (LMAO)

When the Police took a look at Martin's car, and found he was already in the process of making a report himself; we explained what had happened and that it was a perfectly natural reaction of Martin to run out to his car, the Police gave us a bit of a "talk" but also found it somewhat amusing.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2006
  11. ScottUK

I know of a similar event - but with the difference that the scumbag got cut (accidentally, though). I joke ye not. However, as it is a true story it will have to remain off the board... and Mr. K, if you lurk here - good for you for lamping the guy... :D

12. Mtal

Mtal Valued Member

Any one know if their illegal in the US (to be more specific, NY, NY)? I would guess probably yes, but then to carry a plastic or wooden one on your key chain, it that so bad. Thanks.

13. ScottUK

Most nations will charge you with carrying an offensive weapon depending upon your intent. If you have a tyre iron in your car it is fine, but if the police can prove you were carrying it as a weapon, you're in trouble. If they can prove (i.e. reading a forum like this!) you were carrying your 'keyring' as a weapon, you're in the same position.

Intent, people. Make sure you have a valid (not just good) reason for whatever you are packing...

14. J_Squid

J_Squid Valued Member. *heh heh*

From one account I have heard, all of the items specifically named were frequently confiscated at football matches during the 80's!

A little scary thinking about it... :eek:

Jon.

15. ScottUK

Hehe, Koryu Footie... sounds like fun!

16. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Yeah a little hard to imagine a Millwall supporter with a kusarigama or a suntetsu. "Ave it!!!!" :eek:

17. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

More like a stanley blade equipped potatoe or orange...

18. kiaiki

kiaiki Valued Member

In the 70's Manchester Utd fans used a potato with razor blades inserted just for fun. They also sharpened coins to throw at the opposition, a variant on the 'Kung Fu' stars they fashioned in school metalwork.. Chatting up a PC on a horse was favourite - while a mate was setting fire to its tail! I used to teach the little darlings 5 days a week - the police only had them at weekends.

The Kubotan IS illegal in the UK as it has no other purpose than as a weapon. A Mini Maglite is preferable. I used to carry a brass Kubotan and have used it occasionally in SD - striking lethal blows with it would be unreasonable force, but a heavy metal one is VERY effective against a knife hand by striking or locking (pain enhancement).

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  19. GojuRyuWarrior

GojuRyuWarrior New Member

In the US, and I'm not 100% on this, but if you obtain your concealed carry permit, I think you can carry any concealable weapon. I personaly carry a 40 cal semi auto. I've never had to use it but its kinda like a condom, better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need one.

20. Dr.Syn

Dr.Syn Valued Member

I am not sure either but I think the CWP is for firearms...Better double check with one of the local PD's...