I thought Bruce Lee never taught in Seattle?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Saved_in_Blood, Dec 21, 2013.

1. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Mdgee,

You can be fairly confident that nobody here is going to misreport the demise of one of the most respected members of the founding JKD community.

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

We often read something, and then in our mind, we interpret it as something else, only to hastily say/post

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

That we do, sir. That we do. None of us are immune from that phenomenon.

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Not me, I never read the full post and always jump to conclusions!

And I do it on porpoise.

bwah-ha-ha-ha!

5. Wooden Hare

Wooden Hare Banned Banned

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YmjxwG3Zhc"]Jump To Conclusions Mat - YouTube[/ame]

6. 47MartialMan

Why would you jump to concussions?

7. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

Bruce Lee spent from 1958 to I believe 1963-64 In Seattle. He opened the first Jun Fan Gung Fu Institute In Seattle and taught Taky Kimura (my Sifu), Jesse Glover, and several others.

8. mdgee

mdgee Valued Member

Sadly, and I believe a friend told me this, the only blackbelt that has every been approved by Taky is is son. Isn't the point of teaching to see others succeed? I read a great article the other day about what makes a great instructor. One of those attributes is the ability to push people to succeed with the idea that a few of them will eventually teach and then will have students of theirs teach as well. I don't know if I will ever be a teacher of martial arts because my life is too busy. However, I would certainly want to see others who have that certain "fire" go on to teach, wouldn't you?

9. 47MartialMan

So, do you think success is only via a belt?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015