I think I have somewhat of an eating problem.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KidCanFight, Mar 26, 2007.

1. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

is'nt it 350 divided by 2.2, not x 2.2

i keep telling you people i'm BIG BONEDED :bang:

2. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Jesus...that's nearly 7 of me! :D

3. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

You list many physical activities on your personal page... which makes me wonder why you're a little fat. I would suggest writing down everything you eat for a week, including what you drink, and bring it to a dietician or sports trainer at your gym, and get some concrete advice of where you are going wrong.

Some suggestions: quit eating fast food and soda pop (you can have one day a week in which you can pig out on anything you want--the other 6 days, you're limited). Someone else mentioned the 5-6 meals a day--he is completely correct... a meal every 2-3 hours... it will boost your metabolism, and you won't be that hungry because you're eating more often. A simple guide is to eat at every meal: protein the size of your palm, and carbs/veg the size of your fist. I highly suggest interval training for cardio (jog five minutes, run 1 minute, jog 5, run 1, etc, for half an hour), and a good weight training program. But, first, check with experts...

4. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Or you could just say you are happy with the way you are...

Today I got up at 5:30 and had a cup of tea and a cherry bakewell, I did some press-ups and sit-ups whilst I was waiting for the kettle to boil, I then went in to work and had a latte on the way from Starbucks, I then had a egg and sausage pattie at around 9. Before going to the gym (1 hour - exercise bike, push-ups, sit-ups, stretching - didn't have the energy for a run) I had some chocolate as I was feeling a bit low. For lunch I had an egg noodle stir-fry followed some bread and butter pudding. Somebody commented that I am looking a bit thinner these days. I had a physio session in the after noon (neck problem giving me pains down my arm). During the afternoon I had some grapes and an apple. I've done 2 hours karate this evening. I'm now about to open my third can of Bud, and may have a cheese toastie or something.

I'm not (never will be) slim.
    I do the exercise, but like to eat and drink.

But I feel pretty good.

5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

If you don't want to make the changes then you won't. However, the information is out there and there is no reason why tasty, healthy food can't replace so much of the garbage you are eating. That daily diet looks like a bit of a nightmare to me. Like I said, if you want to make the changes then you will but if you don't accept that then it will never happen.

6. davbb

davbb New Member

what i find helps is drinking lots of water.

i used to have the same problem as you, but what my tae kwon do instructor advised me to do is instead of pigging out all day, do something usfull like practising patterns or shadow spar with tkd mates. if you are occupied with something you are not likely to have your mind set on eating.

If that does not work, get your mum/dad or who ever cooks in your house to compromise on your diet by eating high in protein and carb foods.

meals that supply this consist of:

chilli con carni
    pasta
    rice
    oatmeal
    musli
    and lots and lots more

can any one suggest some healthy high protein/carb meals

thank you

davbb