I think I have an idea

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by KSprenk, Aug 31, 2005.

1. KSprenk

KSprenk be

Ok, so Im playin frisbee with a few guys on the cross country team. I turn around to talk to some people about stuff, just hanging out. Im talking to them for maybe 5 minutes and in mid sentence i turn around and catch a frisbee that would have hit me in the back of the head. Im not sure what made me turn around.

If I'm not mistaken, Kurohana posted something awhile back about a drill where you sit blindfolded with people around you, coming at you with random attacks. Maybe it was on the articles page, but I remember it was something along those lines.

So anyway, I was thinking to do the same thing with a frisbee. The person throws a frisbee at you at a random time and place and you must avoid. I frisbee should work well because it kinda floats rather than a ball which might go faster. It may or may not work, but I think I am gonna try it tommorow with my bro. Your thoughts?

2. Shau

Shau kurai okami

Actually, I think it's a good idea. Maybe you can start with frisbees and work your way up to balls (wiffle balls may be good to start). Anything to keep your intuition at its peak. I just dont suggest trying it with shuriken :woo:

3. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

At the old dojo I use to train at about 7 years back... we would stand with our eyes closed with a person behind us. Music would be playing from a radio so as to disguise any noise and at random, the person behind you had to prod you in the back, between the shoulder blades. Your task was to turn around and block it moments before point of impact.

It's funny you know, I never really was much of a believer of this Ki Energy aspect but truth be told I did find myself being far more accurate in my timing as time went on...
    You're idea with the frisbee sounds good though...unless of course I'm throwing it, for as my sons will verify, I can't through a frisbee striaght to save myself.
    he he

4. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I'd get a Nerf ball or something along those lines. Ever get smacked by a frisbee? Those suckers can hurt!
    And yeah, I wrote an article along those lines.

5. seanz89

seanz89 New Member

i think this is a good idea and the reason why you would use frizbes is cuz if you dont dodge it, hurts so you try harder to dodge it if you get hit once (one hit to the face from a drizbe is enough for me ne way)