I need a method.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Dragon Man, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

Hey guys. Anyone know of a good trainin' method for better left foot control...Er, I should say to get better with your worse leg control...Anyways, anyone know?

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Train it more..it's that simple.

Practice every technique both legs, it'll come soon enough.

3. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

...yeah, I've been doin' that. I was just wonderin' if there was a better/quicker way...

4. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Thats the problem today everyone wants things done quicker :D

5. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

lol! I listed better!

6. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Patience young padawan. At least you've recognised the need to train it more!!

Some people take years before they go

"I can't understand it! I kick all the time with me right and it's good but my left's bad, how come!"

Weaknesses should be the things you practice not strengths. It might look crappy to start with but then it'll get good!

:D

7. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

I've tried to stop usin' my right...Not totally, I give it enough practice to get by, otherwise, it's lefty all the way now.

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

.... tosh is right on there!

You're heading in the right direction by trying not to favor your dominant side, so that with training you will "eventually" become proficient with your skills on both the left and right sides

Keep focusing you attention on that weaker side, ....more repetitions, resistance, or time training that side.

It is best to learn a technique on the more proficient side, when practicing you should begin and end on that weaker side.

FYI ... it has beeen scientifically proved that practicing on that weaker side will improve the your other side!

9. Helm

Helm New Member

Tie a tennis ball to a tree and spend many fustrating hours trying to kick it with your weakest techniques. Its boring and fustrating but its nice to feel the improvement.

That and climbing a tree to get the £$$£% ball out of the branches is good excersise :D

10. Dragon Man

Dragon Man New Member

Lol. Are you talkin' about makin' somethin' like a two end ball? I've already been tryin' to find a cheaper one. Cheapest I've found so far is $40. Hmmm, I'll try the tennis ball to a tree though.

11. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

I used to keep injuring myself with the result that one leg would get really good and then the other. Now they're both pants! :)

12. Picksey

Picksey New Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: Did they come up with a reason how/why?

13. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

probably something to do with forming neural pathways.

14. Qis

Qis Blue Tags WTF

there are a couple of experiments where stroke victims have regained use of paralysed limbs through physio and the use of mirrors to reflect their working arms, it tricks the brain into thinking both arms are working.

also there was an experiment with (i think) apes and robotic limbs.

when i was(am) learning to juggle 4 balls i noticed that if i juggles 2 balls with my left(pathetic) hand for a while, then went to my right(dominant) hand, everything seemed much easier, easier than it had previousely been with my right hand.

After the difficulty of getting my left leg to kick sometimes, i find that my right leg is much better, and it's a lot easier. i completely buy the idea, that training your weaker leg will have knock-on effects on your dominant leg (in a psychological/technique way only:p)

practice practice practice!
    -Qis

15. Picksey

Picksey New Member

Sir! Yes Sir! :D

Hm. Brains are funny things. Actually, I tried out your theory on Wednesday night - I really struggle with one particular kick combination (like, can't do without doing wild windmill impressions and all but falling over) especially on my left leg. So, I repeated the technique over and over on my left leg (with some improvement...) and then tried on my right, and I hardly wobbled at all. Weird. Let's hope it wasn't just a one off!

16. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

I find that I can't jump turn to the right. So what do I practice? Exactly, and I fall over a lot!